The Student Room Group

How should I tell her?

A friend I have at university has been going through some rough times recently and has been quite upset. There is a book she really likes (A Fault In Our Stars I think It is called), and so I obtained a copy of the book and sent it to the author explaining how much she liked the book. And he sent it back signed and with a lovely little note attached for her! Now that I have the book, how should I give it to her. I am meeting her tomorrow and was thinking about giving it to her with some chocolates. Or should I send it to her address anonymously?
No need for the chocolates, just give the book to her in person and with the author's note.

...I think she'll hug you and spill tears over your shoulders :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
No need for the chocolates, just give the book to her in person and with the author's note.

...I think she'll hug you and spill tears over your shoulders :wink:

Ok! Thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by victorem
A friend I have at university has been going through some rough times recently and has been quite upset. There is a book she really likes (A Fault In Our Stars I think It is called), and so I obtained a copy of the book and sent it to the author explaining how much she liked the book. And he sent it back signed and with a lovely little note attached for her! Now that I have the book, how should I give it to her. I am meeting her tomorrow and was thinking about giving it to her with some chocolates. Or should I send it to her address anonymously?

That's so sweet of you. I think you should just give it to her and chocolates would actually be nice. I can already see her crying tears of joy. Goodluck :biggrin:

Definitely just the book - give her chocolates and she will be worrying about her waistline!
Reply 5
Original post by pagorai
That's so sweet of you. I think you should just give it to her and chocolates would actually be nice. I can already see her crying tears of joy. Goodluck :biggrin:

Thank you!
That's so lovely, I'd share the chocolates - not in a romantic way - but just that you're there as a friend
Reply 7
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Definitely just the book - give her chocolates and she will be worrying about her waistline!

Should I get her some flowers?
Reply 8
Original post by TheGalwayGirl
That's so lovely, I'd share the chocolates - not in a romantic way - but just that you're there as a friend

Thank you for the advice!
Should I get her some flowers?

Do you like her as more than a friend? If so, then go for it. If not, it might be a bit much and I'd stick with the chocolates and the book.

This is very sweet, by the way.
Reply 10
Original post by LauraRMCF
Do you like her as more than a friend? If so, then go for it. If not, it might be a bit much and I'd stick with the chocolates and the book.

This is very sweet, by the way.

She has in the past said she would like us to be more than friends. However, while I would very much like that, I do not want her to feel like she is under pressure and so I have told her that if after Easter she really would like her and I to start dating then all she needs to do is tell me, If not then that is great too and if she wants to be just friends then later changes her mind, that is great too.

Thank you for the help by the way!
(edited 9 years ago)
Yay John Green, such a Nice guy, cool author and awesome vlogger ! With Hank as well! Of course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chocolates are a nice touch, do what feels right.
Reply 12
Thank you for all the lovely replies!
Reply 13
Original post by sufferin succotash
Yay John Green, such a Nice guy, cool author and awesome vlogger ! With Hank as well! Of course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, he seems very kind!
Reply 14
Original post by wsxcde
get an engagement ring and propose as well right after youve given it to her, and also chocolates and flowers too would help

Lol.
Lol.

and keys to a new house together
Reply 16
Original post by sufferin succotash

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chocolates are a nice touch, do what feels right.

Thank you for the lovely advice!

Just give it to her wrapped, remember: If in doubt keep it simple and sweet. The chocolates might be over-doing it but then again from what my girlfriend intimates, chocolate is the only safe bet when a woman feels ****.
Reply 18
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Just give it to her wrapped, remember: If in doubt keep it simple and sweet. The chocolates might be over-doing it but then again from what my girlfriend intimates, chocolate is the only safe bet when a woman feels ****.

Thank you!
That's sweet, man. Just give it to her, actions speak louder than words.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending