x^2-bx = 16-bx
x^2-bx+c= c+16-bx
find the discrimant = b^2-4ac
x^2-4(16)c = x^2-64
x^2-64<0
-8<x<8
Therefore
x = 5

x^2-4(16)c = x^2-64c surely? I'm not following how you've managed to eliminate the c.
Reply 21
Original post by Capricorn16
x^2-4(16)c = x^2-64c surely? I'm not following how you've managed to eliminate the c.

The c is not important. Just ignore it. Whether there a c there or not will not change the fact that 2+2=5. Why are you going on about this "c"? Just accept that 2+2=5 and your life will be much happier.
Original post by Capricorn16
c doesnt matter in this case
Original post by Green ranger
2+2=x
x^2 = 4+4
x^2-bx = 16-bx
x^2-bx+c= c+16-bx
x^2-4(16)c = x^2-64
x^2-64<0
-8<x<8
Therefore
x = 5

x2=(2+2)2=(2+2)(2+2)=2(2+2)+2(2+2)=4(2+2)=4(4)=16x^2 = (2+2)^2 = (2+2)(2+2) = 2(2+2) + 2(2+2) = 4(2+2) = 4(4) = 16
Reply 24
The fact that "2+2=5" is not a matter of so-called "logic" or so-called "mathematics" invented by the disbelievers. It is a matter of faith. If you could prove that 2+2=5 then you wouldn't need faith. Even if such a proof existed it would be so amazing and so wonderful that it would be beyond human comprehension. Don't ask why. Just believe it within yourself.

Also, can we get away from the discussion of whether 2+2=5 and lets talk about how we can live a good life in accordance with the fact that 2+2=5. For example, can we eat hoofed animals on Wednesdays? I would say it is unnumerical because Wednesday=3 and animals have 4 hooves. We should only eat hoofed animals on even days of the week. Then the food is numerical.

Also, some people say that 2+2=5 means that men should have there foreskin removed. What do you think?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by noobynoo
The fact that "2+2=5" is not a matter of so-called "logic" or so-called "mathematics" invented by the disbelievers. It is a matter of faith. If you could prove that 2+2=5 then you wouldn't need faith. Even if such a proof existed it would be so amazing and so wonderful that it would be beyond human comprehension. Don't ask why. Just believe it within yourself.

Also, can we get away from the discussion of whether 2+2=5 and lets talk about how we can live a good life in accordance with the fact that 2+2=5. For example, can we eat hoofed animals on Wednesdays? I would say it is unnumerical because Wednesday=3 and animals have 4 hooves. We should only eat hoofed animals on even days of the week. Then the food is numerical.

Also, some people say that 2+2=5 means that men should have there foreskin removed. What do you think?

PRSOM.

I think so, yes. Because 2+2=5 meaning 'four' is gone. 'Fore'skin must also be gone.
Original post by Green ranger
2+2=x
x^2 = 4+4
x^2-bx = 16-bx
x^2-bx+c= c+16-bx
x^2-4(16)c = x^2-64
x^2-64<0
-

Fatal error. In your second line of working you can't simply square each separate number and add them. x^2 would equal 16, not 4+4
Original post by GeorgeTownsend
Fatal error. In your second line of working you can't simply square each separate number and add them. x^2 would equal 16, not 4+4

lmfao.
Reply 28
Where do i sign up?!
Finally, a thread that represents my beliefs. 2+2=5 5eva.
2+25mod(1) 2+2 \equiv 5 \mod(1)

Nayysayers begone, for I have lain bare the truth before thine own eyes.
Reply 31
Should have posted this on the Maths forum for some banter :chaplin:
Original post by morgan8002
I'm a non-believer but won't try to change your mind.
You've been brainwashed by the ministry of truth so there's nothing I can do to convince you.

I came with the hopes of this thread being about Nineteen Eighty-Four, and I have not been disappointed.
Original post by rayquaza17
I came with the hopes of this thread being about Nineteen Eighty-Four, and I have not been disappointed.

I don't know if anyone else got the reference.
Original post by DJMayes
2+25mod(1) 2+2 \equiv 5 \mod(1) Nayysayers begone, for I have lain bare the truth before thine own eyes.

But 2+24mod(1) 2+2 \equiv 4 \mod(1)
DJMayes is the false prophet. He tried to trick us all with his fancy mathematics, but he is non-believer and actually thinks 2+2=4.

Original post by morgan8002
I don't know if anyone else got the reference.

anyone who didn't has missed out then! It's my favourite book. :biggrin:
Reply 35
in your world, what is 2 + 3 = ?

if 2 + 3 = 6, then by extension 2 = 3. If 2 = 3, then 2 + 2 = 6. Therefore if you believe 2 + 2 = 5, then you should also believe 2 + 2 = 6.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AdamCee
It amazes me someone has actually gone to the length to write that.

2 hours later, im still amazed. I guess we are both getting banned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayquaza17
But 2+24mod(1) 2+2 \equiv 4 \mod(1)
DJMayes is the false prophet. He tried to trick us all with his fancy mathematics, but he is non-believer and actually thinks 2+2=4.

You claim false prophecy, yet you cannot deny the words I have spoken.
Original post by cBay
in your world, what is 2 + 3 = ?

if 2 + 3 = 6, then by extension 2 = 3. If 2 = 3, then 2 + 2 = 6. Therefore if you believe 2 + 2 = 5, then you should also believe 2 + 2 = 6.

Yes, you have arrived at the correct conclusion. 2+2=42 + 2 = 4 only works in arithmetic modulo 1. Using arithmetic modulo 1, it can be argued that 2+2nmod(1)nZ2 + 2 \equiv n\mod(1)\forall n \in \mathbb{Z}.
Original post by DJMayes
You claim false prophecy, yet you cannot deny the words I have spoken.

That sounds exactly like what a false prophet would say!!

Quick Reply

Latest