The Student Room Group
Reply 1
k8_06
Is there a seperate space on the UCAS form to enter details about milenium volunteers or does it havr to all be in the personal statement?

Thanks

I think it has to go in personal statement though, thinking about it now, I would have considered putting it in employment. Damnit! That's what I wish I did lol. I put it in my statement. :smile:
Reply 2
well as Employment is for PAID really, and MV is really volunteer work lol it really shouldn't go in employment lol

so yeh PS.
Reply 3
Should you put all employment in the employent section, or just recent stuff :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Highlander
Should you put all employment in the employent section, or just recent stuff :s-smilie:

well how far back are you goin. i dont think the paper round you have had when you were twleve should go in, but i'd say past two jobs or past two years whichever is longer. tbh if ure yr13 they really wont care. this sections is really only more relevant to mature students.
Reply 5
personal statement yabber about it for a bit why it helped you.`
Reply 6
Definately in personal statement...that's where I was advised to put it by my careers advisors at college. Also if the voluntary work you've done with MV is relevant to your course you can elaborate on it a bit more and it may earn you extra brownie points.....there's not always a gurantee that admissions tutors will look too closely at you employment section.
Reply 7
Last year there was an "other" box for qualifications. I'd already completed my 200 hours of MV, so typed it in there, as well as mentioning it in my personal statement. :biggrin:.
Mention it in your personal statement, saying what you did, what skills it taught you and how they'll help with your course.
kellywood_5
Mention it in your personal statement, saying what you did, what skills it taught you and how they'll help with your course.
^ That's the most important bit

Latest

Trending

Trending