The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I imagine they adhere to the 10% + something thing, but I always set my cruise control to 50mph bang on for motorway average speed checks. It isn't worth risking it for another couple of mph IMO.
At a guess 55mph. Additionally your speedo over estimates your speed so you could get away with you speedo saying 58Mph without getting caught. I dont like to risk it though
Reply 3
If you're being undertaken on regular motorway sections you're in the wrong lane.
there are two types of camera and only one of them will identify the user as speeding regardless of which lane you are in. The other can only record your entry and exit if you remain in lane.

Apparently if you can identify the type, then you can exceed the speed limit by changing lanes before passing the second camera?
I wouldn't risk it, as the limits are generally there for a reason.
As mentioned before, if you're being undertaken, you're in the wrong lane
Original post by fluttershy
Does anyone know what speed average speed cameras on motorways are set at in a 50mph limit? Over the last month I've done 2 return trips along a section of the M6 with them due to roadworks, and every time whilst sitting at 49-50mph based on GPS I've been overtaken and undertaken. Makes me think people know something I don't.

It's cruise control I'd say, It's much harder to keep a dead on steady pace manually and the speedo might be out by 0.5-2mph when you're hovering - which at that speed would make it seem like someone might be going quite a bit faster.

They're a pain in the ass but just don't get a ticket.
There is roadworks m3 50mph and its change 40 mph I did not notice and camera flash so what happen to me
There is roadworks m3 50mph and its change 40 mph and camera flash so what will happen to me
Reply 9
Original post by Bikash gurung
There is roadworks m3 50mph and its change 40 mph and camera flash so what will happen to me

You go to big boy prison, mainly for bumping a 7 year old thread.

Latest