Abstain0%
Total votes: 9
Resolution
The Abolishment of the Human Rights Council

Committee: Human Rights & Refugees

Submitted by: China

Noting that the forum is different to what was specified in Resolution 2006/25,

Believing the Human Rights Council is not used enough to warrant its existence,

Convinced the loss of the Human Rights Council will not damage activity in the Model UN,

Deeply regretting that the forum could not, through the fault of no one, fill all of the original criteria,

1. Requests the immediate abolishment of the Human Rights Council;

2. Authorises the Secretary General to contact the TSR Admin team to have this request fulfilled;

3. Expresses its appreciation to the TSR Admin team for their cooperation;

5. Requests that the current forum which houses the Human Rights Council is changed in to an archive for Resolutions;

4. Congratulates the Secretary General on his recent appointment.;
(i) Endorses his continued reign

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanks Nightowl

BTW is the forum universally visible, I know I can now see it but that might just be because I'm supposed to be modding it. I have mentioned in AAM that at some point I wanted the access masks removed but I haven't received any conformation that it's happened.

I would like to stress that if this resolution passes I won't let the sub forum go to waste. With the approval of the GA I would have admin convert it into a resolution forum, like the one Teehar suggested we should have to much popular support.
Reply 2
The forum should be visible to all now.
Reply 3
Israel remains neutral on the situation but has noticed the forum remaining mostly inactive. Israel would support a resolution forum were it to be put forward.
Reply 4
Great :biggrin:

Debate away everyone, I don't see any reason to send this to the security council after the GA vote which is convenient since we only have half an SC at present.
Reply 5
Yes please. I have always been against the establishment of this forum, and today it continues its dismal showing. The idea in itself may be good, but we simply do not have the resources to sustain this model.
Reply 6
U.A.E remains neutral.
Reply 7
Australia supports the abolishment of a forum just for the HRC and sees more value in it being converted into a database for all our resolutions, but wishes to remind the international community that we remain completely focused and stalwart in our defence of human dignity, human rights and democracy around the world.
Reply 8
Apollo

Nope, I can't see it.
Reply 9
Nightowl
Nope, I can't see it.

FYI Nightowl this should be Resolution 2006/35. Resolution 34 on Human Rights Violations in Myanmar has been temporarily put on hold in view of the SG change and the coming changes in the Security Council.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=316139
Reply 10
Okay no problem, missed that :smile: If the SG would change the title it would be great.
Reply 11
Nightowl
Okay no problem, missed that :smile: If the SG would change the title it would be great.

You can do it yourself. On the main MUN forum index, double-click the area just to the right of this thread's title. A textbox will appear which allows you to easily edit the titles of threats which you have created. Once the changes are done, just click anywhere outside the box for them to be saved.
Pakistan is Neutral on the situation
Reply 13
South Africa supports this motion. Whilst in theory the HRC was a good idea, in practice it seems not to have fulfilled its intended function.

I assume Human Rights resolutions will now pass through the SC like all other resolutions?
Marcods
South Africa supports this motion. Whilst in theory the HRC was a good idea, in practice it seems not to have fulfilled its intended function.

I assume Human Rights resolutions will now pass through the SC like all other resolutions?

Correct. :smile:
Reply 15
The Czech Republic for now remains neutral on the subject.
Indeed the Czech Republic cannot actually see any such subforum.
Reply 16
*watches the rampant human rights violators lobby for the abolishment of the council* :p:
Belarus notes the almost total inactivity of the TSR MHRC and would like to ask whatever country Knogle is representing precisely what good the MHRC is doing, and what benefits would be lost were it to be abolished.
Agent Smith
Belarus notes the almost total inactivity of the TSR MHRC and would like to ask whatever country Knogle is representing precisely what good the MHRC is doing, and what benefits would be lost were it to be abolished.

I take it you didn't notice post six of this thread. :p:
Reply 19
Apollo

I cant see it....link perhaps?

Iceland supports this attempted abolition.

Latest

Trending

Trending