The Student Room Group

Sex... Is it everything?

As I've become older, it has been occurred to me that, it seems that sex, is more important than I ever imagined. As I child I thought it was this occasional taboo thing adults did for fun, and it only gets mentioned in gossip and for a school term of sex education, but suddenly realising that some relationships are dependent on sex? I've never felt so ignorant. I really don't know how important it is!

So please, tell me your opinion, your experiences, anything really.
Is it important? Is it one of the main foundations of an adult relationship? Is it just a bit of fun? Is it worth to love a relationship over? (I.e Cheating)

Thank you! x

Scroll to see replies

Yes, it is.
I don't really care about sex that much, if I was emotionally invested in a woman it wouldn't be much of a factor.
Anyone that believes a relationship is dependant on sex itself is a complete moron.
Original post by Stefano93
Anyone that believes a relationship is dependant on sex itself is a complete moron.

A moron with a huge penis
Original post by ringspun
A moron with a huge penis

Most likely a vivid entourage of STD's aswell.
Of course it is.
rthh ndfhycuivgft6dyu

Yep it is.
No!
Reply 9
Its not every thing but its pretty important in a long lasting relationship.You should ask yourself what sort of relationship do you want?As nowadays times have changed since our parents generation.

In my experience yeah some relationships are just dependent on sex.My dad asked whether I was a virgin once.
I told my dad that when I hopefully get married I will have sex with the woman I love,till then I'll have sex with as much women as possible :biggrin:
Most likely a vivid entourage of STD's aswell.

That reminds me...
Yes! :tongue: Okay, maybe not everything. But it is hugely important. It makes you so much closer to each other.
Yep, it's what life revolves around.
Much more than 'a bit of fun', it helps you to connect further to someone imo.
Reply 14
It is very important, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it is "everything"
Never had sex but for me masturbating is like what you described without the relationship. It is a necessary thing not mentally but physically
Original post by Protégé
I don't really care about sex that much, if I was emotionally invested in a woman it wouldn't be much of a factor.

Oh god, just stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, not at all.
Lol no, unless you're dependant on one thing that is
Attachment not found

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dependant? No but it IS a massive part of most relationships.

Original post by Protégé

Oh wow, women have a great catch in you dont they? Or are you one these white knights who believes girls dont like sex?

And yes it is hugely important. The psychology of sex is fascinating in many regards, it permeates our every day lives in no so many ways. Sexual intimacy is one of the most important parts of a relationship, not only is a helluva lot of fun but its endorphin releases enhance emotional connection and well being. It brings people together and is enjoyable for committed and non committed relationships alike.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending