The Student Room Group

MathStat: WARWICK vs BATH vs ICL vs SOUTHAMPTON vs MANCHESTER

Hey guys. I got an offer for Mathematics and Statistics from all five of the Universities

Warwick
Bath
Imperial College London
Southampton
Manchester

So i'm still deciding on my firm/insurance. What's your guys view on those Uni?

Thanks for your help!!:smile::smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Only you can really answer that question.

Warwick and Imperial are the strongest universities out of those.

But what if you really like one of those universities? In terms of student life, your experience will not be all too different between those five choices.

Obviously London will be a slightly different experience to living on a campus for Warwick, so you have to take that into account too.
I've got offers for MathStat from Warwick, Bath, Leeds, Lancaster and Surrey. For me, it's between Bath and Warwick.

for you, I guess you shouldn't bother considering Southampton or Manchester because there is such a gap between your top three and them.

Imperial is is very well respected, but it's London based and extremely rigorous
Warwick is also great for employment and extremely strong in maths, but it's location and social life isn't ideal for all
Bath isn't quite as respected as the other two, but it's a beautiful place and it's links to industry are phenominal
Original post by a96clark
I've got offers for MathStat from Warwick, Bath, Leeds, Lancaster and Surrey. For me, it's between Bath and Warwick.

for you, I guess you shouldn't bother considering Southampton or Manchester because there is such a gap between your top three and them.

Imperial is is very well respected, but it's London based and extremely rigorous
Warwick is also great for employment and extremely strong in maths, but it's location and social life isn't ideal for all
Bath isn't quite as respected as the other two, but it's a beautiful place and it's links to industry are phenominal

Warwick for Maths> Bath
Original post by APersonYo
Warwick for Maths> Bath

You realise this thread is over 2 years old right?
Original post by Jai Sandhu
You realise this thread is over 2 years old right?

no i didnt
Original post by APersonYo
no i didnt

RIP

Quick Reply

Latest