The Student Room Group

Too late to apply for UCL LLM?

I have just found out that, despite getting all three offers for the BPTC, I didn't get the Inns of Court scholarship I was hoping for. I am planning on deferring my place on the BPTC for entry in 2016, and in the meantime doing an LLM in Commercial Law at Bristol or UCL. I'm due to graduate from Bristol in June with at least a 2:1, possibly a first. Am I too late to apply for an LLM since both universities take LLM applications on a rolling basis? The official deadlines are not until June. Also, do I have realistic prospects based on anyone else's experiences? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Original post by Georgie T
I have just found out that, despite getting all three offers for the BPTC, I didn't get the Inns of Court scholarship I was hoping for. I am planning on deferring my place on the BPTC for entry in 2016, and in the meantime doing an LLM in Commercial Law at Bristol or UCL. I'm due to graduate from Bristol in June with at least a 2:1, possibly a first. Am I too late to apply for an LLM since both universities take LLM applications on a rolling basis? The official deadlines are not until June. Also, do I have realistic prospects based on anyone else's experiences? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

It's not too late to apply however you may have found that you've missed some funding deadlines :sadnod:
Reply 2
Original post by Slowbro93
It's not too late to apply however you may have found that you've missed some funding deadlines :sadnod:

I guessed I would have missed the funding deadlines, I had assumed I'd just have to take the hit with the fees, but I didn't want to spend valuable revision time on applications if there was really no hope of getting in!
Reply 3
I applied for the UCL and KCL LLM a week before the June deadline, because I was focusing on exams too. I was accepted. However, I graduated with a First and had a very strong personal statement. So if you're on track for a First or high 2:1, it's not too late. You will, however, miss any scholarship deadlines (for UCL - KCL sometimes add last minute scholarships but you can only apply once you have accepted which requires you to pay £500 deposit). I also think it's better to do your LLM first. That's what I did and I was awarded a major scholarship and two awards from Inner Temple this year which covers to entire cost of the BPTC. I was also given a scholarship from my BPTC provider. Use this year as an application enhancer and try again for an Inns Scholarship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending