The Student Room Group

Turn Ons & Turn Offs

(This excludes the "what happens in the bedroom" kinda things) I'll also warn for a longer read.. I tend to drag on about these things.

So it gets to a point in life where you stop thinking about dating the next supermodel and start looking for long term commitments.

I mean for me, I like a girl who is not necessarily a fitness fanatic but someone who keeps themselves active. I enjoy a lot of fitness based things myself outside of studying. A healthy lifestyle = a healthy mind kind of thing but when I see girls who don't do fitness, it is almost a no go for me. I don't know why, I have a lot of friends who don't do fitness but whether my frame of mind changes when it comes to looking at them a different way it changes me almost.

Also, smoking.. I'll tread carefully. I'd say 75% of my friends smoke and I'm happy to sit and chat with them when they are having a smoke, but when I see someone I like in that other way it is a major turn off. I mean, it isn't like I hate people who smoke but it just clean so to say.

Finally, I like to think of myself as an open person who will answer anything you ask me, but frustrates me in someways that when speaking to people either online/ face to face, they'll often ask you something personal and I'll answer (thinking they'll be just as open) but when I turn the question back on them, they refuse to answer. I get it is your own preference to answer questions but when I have told you something personal, I don't think it is correct so to say to hold back without them knowing from the start you'll not answer certain things.

I know that last paragraph may be a little impolite but I feel it is relevant so I am sorry in advance if you think it was out of fashion to say...

Let me know if you agree or disagree about anything I have said, I would be interested to find out what you do and don't like and how they compare.

Danny :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by DannyGeldart
(This excludes the "what happens in the bedroom" kinda things) I'll also warn for a longer read.. I tend to drag on about these things.

So it gets to a point in life where you stop thinking about dating the next supermodel and start looking for long term commitments.

I mean for me, I like a girl who is not necessarily a fitness fanatic but someone who keeps themselves active. I enjoy a lot of fitness based things myself outside of studying. A healthy lifestyle = a healthy mind kind of thing but when I see girls who don't do fitness, it is almost a no go for me. I don't know why, I have a lot of friends who don't do fitness but whether my frame of mind changes when it comes to looking at them a different way it changes me almost.

Also, smoking.. I'll tread carefully. I'd say 75% of my friends smoke and I'm happy to sit and chat with them when they are having a smoke, but when I see someone I like in that other way it is a major turn off. I mean, it isn't like I hate people who smoke but it just clean so to say.

Finally, I like to think of myself as an open person who will answer anything you ask me, but frustrates me in someways that when speaking to people either online/ face to face, they'll often ask you something personal and I'll answer (thinking they'll be just as open) but when I turn the question back on them, they refuse to answer. I get it is your own preference to answer questions but when I have told you something personal, I don't think it is correct so to say to hold back without them knowing from the start you'll not answer certain things.

I know that last paragraph may be a little impolite but I feel it is relevant so I am sorry in advance if you think it was out of fashion to say...

Let me know if you agree or disagree about anything I have said, I would be interested to find out what you do and don't like and how they compare.

Danny :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I agree, if I saw a guy smoking it would be a major turn off for me :smile: And yeah, openness is very important in a relationship too!
Also, another turn off for me is someone who when we talk the conversation is quite one sided, whether it's me who seems to be the one doing all the talking or the other way round.
Music is definitely a turn on for me too :smile: I like people who play an instrument or whatever... not a necessity but every little helps :wink:
Turn ons: smoking marlboro, little care for hair / clothes she is wearing, non-application / improper application of makeup, tired eye / facial expression, hard work ethic, hypersexuality / high temperament

Turn offs: too much of a care, too much smiling, fitness, attraction to metrosexuality
It's fine. Be who you want to be.

I used to get turned off by girls smoking but it doesn't bother me too much no

Turn on:
Tits, ass, funny, low maintenance

Turn off: too many piercings, tattoos, bitchy
Original post by William Pitt
Turn ons: smoking marlboro, little care for hair / clothes she is wearing, non-application / improper application of makeup, tired eye / facial expression, hard work ethic, hypersexuality / high temperament

Turn offs: too much of a care, too much smiling, fitness, attraction to metrosexuality

So pretty much the opposite of me... Cool
My turn on is middle eastern looks and north african looks, islamic artifacts and objects, dressing etc, Semitic languages.
Turn on would be stuff like girls who like to play with my hair

and my balls
(edited 9 years ago)
x

I agree with the healthy lifestyle element and the smoking part.

Turn On: A bit of a temper and upfront.
Turn Off: Arrogance and a lack of basic etiquette.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Turn ons ... confidence, a gentlemanly manner, compassion, a sweet face, intelligence
Turn offs ... poor hygiene, rudeness, arrogance, too many muscles, too short hair, lack of intelligence...etc
Reply 9
Original post by William Pitt

That's unusual. Sounds to me like a description of a French girl from UCL.

Or her
Original post by Islamophile
My turn on is middle eastern looks and north african looks, islamic artifacts and objects, dressing etc, Semitic languages.

Interesting.
So pretty much the opposite of me... Cool

I was talking about women

Original post by Landlord
That's unusual. Sounds to me like a description of a French girl from UCL.

Or Italian
Turn of: not a strong academic background and arrogance
turn on: funny respectful
Original post by Maid Marian
Turn ons ... confidence, a gentlemanly manner, compassion, a sweet face, intelligence
Turn offs ... poor hygiene, rudeness, arrogance, too many muscles, too short hair, lack of intelligence...etc

LOL that's basically me (although been thinking about cutting my hair short and getting ripped).
Turn ons - good at ironing, good at ploughing field, good at milking cow, good at smiling, is not a feminist, her favourite room in house is kitchen, look after baby very good, fast at washing dishes, cook great meal like mash potato and sausages, can speak four language, like to spend weekend picking fruit off tree and like to make the sex.

Very nice. High five.
Turn ons: Facial hair, good skin, nice teeth, fun/funny, Roman/broken noses, older guys, less academically-inclined guys, philosophical hands, foodies

Turn offs: "Lads", yuppies, gentlemen, arrogance, BO, lack of general knowledge or intelligence, generally poor hygiene, bald patches, rudeness, meatheads

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending