The Student Room Group

Will I get into a Russell group uni with these a levels

I currently study English Lang
Psychology
Sociology
Geography
I'm considering dropping sociology or psychology (whichever I do worst in) will a Russell group uni accept me as I want to go to leeds,Newcastle or sheffield

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on the grades not subjects

Get good grades, B+
Reply 2
Original post by bittr n swt
Depends on the grades not subjects

Get good grades, B+

I'm aiming for AABB this year so would I get offers from the Russell group unis if I achieve that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Wendikorb
I'm aiming for AABB this year so would I get offers from the Russell group unis if I achieve that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe. It depends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you done your research yet?

Look at the unis typical offer for the course on their website.

If youe predicted grades matches or beats the typical offer offered by the uni then you should be fine
My A Levels are Applied Business Studies, History and Politics- 1/3 facilitating subjects. I have offers for History from Durham Uni, Newcastle, Leeds, Lancaster and Aberdeen. 3 RG's. The most important thing is grades, not subjects for most courses. Saying that my UMS average across my subjects was 97.5% at AS, but my point still stands- do well in them and you'll get an offer from at least one good uni. AAAB would, of course, be better than AABB, but you should be fine.
Depends on ur personal statement
on the course u apply for
on ur interview
but ur grade aim is good.. I wud aim higher though because if u dnt then ur competitor will.
yes you can get offers from russel group unis with BBC and less at as level. it depends on your personal statment and if you can turn your grades around which im sure you can with a bit of work.
Reply 8
Original post by study_smart786
Depends on ur personal statement
on the course u apply for
on ur interview
but ur grade aim is good.. I wud aim higher though because if u dnt then ur competitor will.

im trying to get four As but im trying to come to the realisation that might not happen so these are the grades id be happy with
Reply 9
Original post by bittr n swt
Have you done your research yet?

Look at the unis typical offer for the course on their website.

If youe predicted grades matches or beats the typical offer offered by the uni then you should be fine

a little bit, is a lot of it dependent on my personal statement and the course i want to study?
im trying to get four As but im trying to come to the realisation that might not happen so these are the grades id be happy with

Lol is that because u haven't revised yet?
Reply 11
Original post by study_smart786
Lol is that because u haven't revised yet?

I have started but just don't think im capable lol
What subject are you applying for and what are the entry requirements?
If you get AAB, as you are aiming for, you'll probably get into most courses that have an AAB requirement or lower.
I have started but just don't think im capable lol

:O dont say that..you'll do well. My amazing blessings are with you

Quick Reply

Latest