The Student Room Group

Best way to revise for a university exam?

I have 3 exams in mid-late May (date not confirmed)
Modules
Principles of Marketing
Tort Law
Contract Law

All I have is the lecture slides,the seminar questions and the textbooks .I'm really panicking .I stupidly leave it till the last few days to revise.And Im trying to change that.I literally know nothing.:frown:Im trying to build a revision time table.I need peoples advice on how to do this. Im breaking the modules into topics.When should I do past papers etc.Since gcse and a levels I found no revision technique that suited me. Im dyslexic also.
How should I do it ?
This is what Im thinking of doing for each module topic (7-8 in each module)

Read the module chapter

Make notes of the chapter

Make concise notes of topic on post it note's

Answer questions in textbook on chapter

Answer seminar questions.Typed up

Or what would you recommend to me as I literally no nothing

I want to actually get good marks for once since doing my gcse and alevels in which I only studied a few days before the exam for.The exams for semester 1 I luckily got away with that .

Please help?
Hi I'm doing Tort and Contract Law as well. How will you be assessed? Mine is a MCE so I use oxford university press and do the MCQ's on Introduction to Business Law by Lucy Jones. It's been really helpful. There are also other study resources on there so you can try it out.
Reply 2
Original post by MissLalaxx
Hi I'm doing Tort and Contract Law as well. How will you be assessed? Mine is a MCE so I use oxford university press and do the MCQ's on Introduction to Business Law by Lucy Jones. It's been really helpful. There are also other study resources on there so you can try it out.

Palgrave Macmillan Law Masters Contact law by McKendrick 10th ed
Tort Law by Horsey and Rackley 3rd ed
Principles and Practice of Marketing Jobber and chadwick 7th ed.Im really panicing as I have a full month and a bit and I literally know nothing.:frown:
Original post by 061194
Palgrave Macmillan Law Masters Contact law by McKendrick 10th ed
Tort Law by Horsey and Rackley 3rd ed
Principles and Practice of Marketing Jobber and chadwick 7th ed.Im really panicing as I have a full month and a bit and I literally know nothing.:frown:

I have exams at the start of May and three STINKING assignments to do and I'm pushed for time so I'm panicking as well!:frown::frown::frown: Just keep calm I don't find contract law or tort that hard but I don't do marketing so I can't say anything. If worse comes to worst where a case is concerned just use common sense it has been my best friend.
You're not asking for ways to revise, you're asking for ways to learn. That's different for everyone - and we can't tell you what will work best for you. The bad news is that you'll have to read, read and read until you understand the topics inside-out. The good news is that you have at least 6 weeks to go and all the information is at your fingertips. Personally I find reading and highlighting works best for me - I don't make notes or re-type anything. What you definitely should do is structure your time sensibly (at least down to 2 hour blocks) and remove all distractions so you can concentrate. I know nothing about law so can't help you there, but the principles of marketing is straight-forward (7Ps) so shouldn't take up too much of the time. Make sure you understand the module syllabus so you know what you need to concentrate on. I don't know whether your dyslexia will affect the way you learn, but don't forget to ask for support if you need it - you may be entitled to extra time in exams, computer, scribe etc. You'll be fine with this, it's very doable, you just need to be prepared to put in the effort. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest