The Student Room Group

Age Requirement for A Levels.

Hi there, I had done my GCSE (equivalent to overseas) back in 2008 and got A grade overall. Now i want to do A levels and after that proceed to Medicines. My question is that at the age of 24, am i eligible to do A levels in college or any other way?
Please guide me.
Original post by Aquarianzking
Hi there, I had done my GCSE (equivalent to overseas) back in 2008 and got A grade overall. Now i want to do A levels and after that proceed to Medicines. My question is that at the age of 24, am i eligible to do A levels in college or any other way?
Please guide me.

I dont think there is any upper age limit to doing them, but to double check, id get in touch with individual colleges near you to double check.
Thanks Emma.
Original post by Aquarianzking
Please guide me.

There's no upper age limit to actually doing A Levels, but there is an upper age limit for government funding. I believe that as long as you haven't already got qualifications equal to or higher than A Level, you can get them funded and go to a state college etc for free. See here: http://www.nus.org.uk/en/advice/money-and-funding/im-a-student-aged-19-years-old-or-older--what-further-education-funding-can-i-get-in-england/

(btw I literally googled "A levels aged 24" to get this, so it's pretty easy to find this info online....)

Quick Reply

Latest