The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Reply 2
What do you want to do? This minute, what do you want to do? That is your answer.
Original post by summer1102
I'm 17 and currently studying a BTEC at college (working towards achieving a distinction*). I'd love to complete my course but I have been offered an admin apprenticeship that is just too good to refuse. I wouldn't be spending money on travel, would be able to progress in the business as well as learning whilst earning enough money to learn to drive. The only problem is that I would have to drop out of my current BTEC course in order to accept the apprenticeship offer, I have worked really hard to get the grades that I'm working towards, so I am reluctant to do so. I also don't want to feel as if I have wasted almost a years' worth of study.
Has anyone else been in this position or can offer me any advice?
Thank you in advance!

What are you doing your btec in?
Reply 4
Original post by summer1102
I'm 17 and currently studying a BTEC at college (working towards achieving a distinction*). I'd love to complete my course but I have been offered an admin apprenticeship that is just too good to refuse. I wouldn't be spending money on travel, would be able to progress in the business as well as learning whilst earning enough money to learn to drive. The only problem is that I would have to drop out of my current BTEC course in order to accept the apprenticeship offer, I have worked really hard to get the grades that I'm working towards, so I am reluctant to do so. I also don't want to feel as if I have wasted almost a years' worth of study.
Has anyone else been in this position or can offer me any advice?
Thank you in advance!

One thing to remember is that this past year's work will most likely have been a contributing factor to you getting this apprenticeship so it won't be going to waste :smile:

Will you end up with the same qualification from the apprenticeship as you would from your BTEC? Also, you mentioned how you can progress in the business that's offered you the apprenticeship, which as you said is a really good offer. If you enjoyed the BTEC that much, you wouldn't be having second thoughts about it if to see it through :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Emma:-)
What are you doing your btec in?

Animal Management :smile:

Original post by beth16x
One thing to remember is that this past year's work will most likely have been a contributing factor to you getting this apprenticeship so it won't be going to waste :smile:

Will you end up with the same qualification from the apprenticeship as you would from your BTEC? Also, you mentioned how you can progress in the business that's offered you the apprenticeship, which as you said is a really good offer. If you enjoyed the BTEC that much, you wouldn't be having second thoughts about it if to see it through :smile:

Thank you for replying! I haven't thought about it that way, however by leaving my current course now I won't receive any proof that I actually did the work which is annoying.

The apprenticeship would allow me to gain a NVQ Level 2 in Business and Administration and my BTEC is in Animal Management, so completely different subjects. I don't really want to work in either field and would much rather go into health and social care, which makes things even more difficult :s-smilie:
I have to decide by tomorrow morning so I'm really stressing out right now haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Get the qualification
Reply 7
Thank you for replying! I haven't thought about it that way, however by leaving my current course now I won't receive any proof that I actually did the work which is annoying.

The apprenticeship would allow me to gain a NVQ Level 2 in Business and Administration and my BTEC is in Animal Management, so completely different subjects. I don't really want to work in either field and would much rather go into health and social care, which makes things even more difficult :s-smilie:
I have to decide by tomorrow morning so I'm really stressing out right now haha

No problem :smile: Ah I see, in that case then I'd finish your BTEC (which I presume you have a year left of - compared to how long of the apprenticeship you'd have) and then go into health and social care afterwards :-)

Latest

Trending

Trending