The Student Room Group

IGCSE Revision advice?

I have my exams in a couple of weeks (about 5), and im starting to panic, as I dont think i am revising well. I have about 8 hours a day planned, but im not really focusing properly, and i dont think stuff is going in. i think its because i revised well and learnt alot for mocks, and now i just feel incredibly bored when going over things that i know. any advice?
Reply 1
I think 8 hours may be a bit too much, you do need some time to rest.
If you're bored, do past papers. I can still remember stuff from my mocks, too, so that's what I'm doing.
Try 4 to 6 hours a day, as otherwise your brain will "overheat" and studying won't be very effective. Also, remember to keep a sleeping pattern - sleep for about 8 hours every night and try to wake up before 10 o'clock. The morning is the best time for the brain to absorb information. Find a good technique that will help you revise, I'll give you a link that will test you to see what type of learner you are.

http://www.educationplanner.org/students/self-assessments/learning-styles-quiz.shtml

Hope that helps you a bit! :biggrin:
Original post by Mac117
Try 4 to 6 hours a day, as otherwise your brain will "overheat" and studying won't be very effective. Also, remember to keep a sleeping pattern - sleep for about 8 hours every night and try to wake up before 10 o'clock. The morning is the best time for the brain to absorb information. Find a good technique that will help you revise, I'll give you a link that will test you to see what type of learner you are.

http://www.educationplanner.org/students/self-assessments/learning-styles-quiz.shtml

Hope that helps you a bit! :biggrin:

thank you!! hopefully i'll figure it out :biggrin:
Original post by nox1
I think 8 hours may be a bit too much, you do need some time to rest.
If you're bored, do past papers. I can still remember stuff from my mocks, too, so that's what I'm doing.

yeah i spent ages revising for my mocks, so i think illl just take your advice
thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest