The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Am I missing something? How is Brighton uni accommodation so expensive?!?!

Sorry but i must be missing something here

Brightons cheapest accommodation, self catered, shared bathrooms, shared kitchens, shared everything, single room... Is £121 per week and on a 38(?) week contract... Working out at 4,600 per year or something ridiculous... £4,600 per year on accommodation??? That's my whole student loan on accommodation.... Not only would I have to work to make some savings so I can travel to/from the university but I'd also have to work just to be able to eat???

Am I missing something? Is there a cheaper accommodation??

The other university I am considering is ESSEX and the accommodation there is something like £82 per week on a 36 week contract, working out at less than £3,000. This seems a lot more realistic as then I will (hopefully) be able to have some spare cash each month and support myself in terms of food and a social life.

I can't wrap my head around how BRIGHTON is that expensive...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I agree its a rediculous price for what you get. I imagine that it's something to do with the inflated property prices in the Brighton area due to it being a "desirable" destination. The solution is probably to look at private accomodation in the area if you still want to go to brighton, I've just had a quick look and found several places for around £90 pw Hope this helps
(edited 9 years ago)
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending