The Student Room Group
How is that hilarious? You must be a psychopath or something.
Don't react to OP's comment lol, his troll game is weak :wink:

Re the article though, that poor little girl, and what b*stards. Now I'm not gonna say I disapprove of them eating dog, I mean I don't like the idea but I'm not gonna say they shouldn't, I mean at least they're not eating for pleasure and I mean we eat lambs, cows, chickens, pigs etc all of which some people may keep as pets/find cute etc. But to steal someone's pet and cook it is just absolutely barbaric. F*ckers need to be punished.

(and before anyone says 'oh the dog was lost they might have thought it was a stray', you can quite clearly see the difference between a stray animal and one that has been cared for as a pet and is just out. Especially in an area where people keep pet ones)
"Many lament that the tragedy is too much for a five-year-old to bear and appeal for a ban on the consumption of dog meat."

I'm a westerner and I will impose my beliefs onto you because I am objectively correct!
So edge.
Grim.
No I meant it's hilarious in a kind of sick way I still feel bad for her but can't help but laugh.
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
"Many lament that the tragedy is too much for a five-year-old to bear and appeal for a ban on the consumption of dog meat."

I'm a westerner and I will impose my beliefs onto you because I am objectively correct!

This.

Eating someone pet is ****ed up but to jump to "eating dogs is morally wrong" is moronic. I don't see how that picture of intense farmed dogs is any different form the equivalent with pigs we do.
horrible but that is life sadly.

there will always be suffering, impermanence and death...(buddhism)...

it is by social convention that we have become attached to animals, and therefore to see them die is horrible...
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

I don't see how that picture of intense farmed dogs is any different form the equivalent with pigs we do.

The welfare standards on their farms will probably be even worse than what we have in this country though. Our animal welfare laws are ahead of quite a few European countries, even with factory farming. Imagine what it'll be like in Vietnam.

Besides, I think the main thing with this story is that someone's missing pet ended up being sold as meat.
Original post by solarplexus
horrible but that is life sadly.

there will always be suffering, impermanence and death...(buddhism)...

it is by social convention that we have become attached to animals, and therefore to see them die is horrible...

no I have no issue with death or people eating dogs but they stole someone's pet and that is wrong
Haha

Oh well humans eat animals it's just the way it is. At least she's aware now
Not to be racist, but Asian countries really need to fix their *hit regarding animal cruelty.

The fact that people's pets are stolen and killed for 'a delicacy' is disgusting as well as other abuse animals face because of 'the upper class of so and so country think this is SUCH a delicacy' (some sharks are fished out of the water and have their fins cut off whilst still alive and then thrown back into the sea for shark fin soup).

Quick Reply

Latest