The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP! Of Mice and Men

Good Day,

So I have been given this homework for OMAM to complete, and I am finding it really hard.

The first question is about Chapter 5, when Lennie kills Curley's wife - which I am fine with. However, it then says I have to explore how anger is shown in one other extract in the novella. I am finding this hard to find a good extract with lots of quotes I can use...

Please help?

Thanks,
KC :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Where the fight happens between Lennie and Curley, the violence conveys anger
Original post by PrincessAisha
Where the fight happens between Lennie and Curley, the violence conveys anger

this is a pretty good example, Curley is a character who expresses a lot of anger throughout the book, however to a lesser degree there are a few instances where George gets pretty irritable with Lennie, for example near the start of the book when George throws away Lennie's pet mouse and gets quite mad about it - which he later regrets. Just a thought
Original post by GrowSomeStrawbs
this is a pretty good example, Curley is a character who expresses a lot of anger throughout the book, however to a lesser degree there are a few instances where George gets pretty irritable with Lennie, for example near the start of the book when George throws away Lennie's pet mouse and gets quite mad about it - which he later regrets. Just a thought

You doing WJEC and I am, good luck for your English exams :smile:
Actually studied it for my English GCSEs last year :biggrin:
Reply 5
Thanks Guys! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest