The Student Room Group

MSc Statistics

Hi everyone, I'm currently in my penultimate year at university and looking at a postgrad course in statistics at a top 10 uni. I'm just unsure as to whether I would be able to cope with the workload at a high ranked institution and the course itself?
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BH83
Hi everyone, I'm currently in my penultimate year at university and looking at a postgrad course in statistics at a top 10 uni. I'm just unsure as to whether I would be able to cope with the workload at a high ranked institution and the course itself?
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only you can really answer that question. Do you like working hard? Do you enjoy maths?

I did a few masters-level module in my degree and they were very challenging. As long as your maths is tight and you have a good work ethic you'll do alright. You'll probably also be expected to do a dissertation, which involves a lot of self-study and initiative, although you'll sometimes be given a list to pick from that the lecturers have drawn up.
Reply 2
Yes, I am doing a maths degree so I do enjoy my maths and I'd say I have a good work ethic too, may I ask which course you studied ? And which masters level modules did you choose ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Reply 4

Quick Reply

Latest