The Student Room Group

Guys, would you date a girl who is taller than you?

If so, by how much taller would you go?

Scroll to see replies

Yeh! As long as she isn't over 5'11 we're cool....I would say that height shouldn't matter etc, but if she was 6'5 and i'm 5'9 it's a bit awkward.
For me, height is immaterial for a relationship. There are far more important things that I look for. So there isn't really a limit I'd place on it.
Probably not, bearing in mind she would have to be 6' 1''+ tall.

I would date a girl the same height or one inch taller I think, no more than that

Luckily for me my girlfriend is tiny :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
this is assuming that you here all will actually have the chance to say 'yes' or 'no', since most people here will never be asked OUT
No.
Reply 6
No, hopefully I'm 5ft11. :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous

Absolutely not, under any circumstances. I'm 5'11". Past partners have been 5'2" or 5'3". Tall girls look strange to me.
(edited 9 years ago)
She'd have to be higher than 6ft 4...

I've never seen a girl that tall before, so I have no idea how I'd feel about that.
Yeah, wouldn't make a difference imo.
Yeah no problem though girls taller than 6'1 are rare to say the least
not really as i'm quite tall already
I thought it was the opposite usually? Im not really tall but I would marry a girl who was taller than me because in my religion, people will all be the same height in the next life.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Probably not, bearing in mind she would have to be 6' 1''+ tall.

I would date a girl the same height or one inch taller I think, no more than that

Luckily for me my girlfriend is tiny :tongue:

You're 6'1? Furrrrk mayne haha, nice.
Original post by Anonymous

I'm 6ft 4, so it would be very unlikely that she would be taller anyway.

If she were, it would bother me as, being a man, you should have a degree of dominance (I.e. Being a fair bit taller) over your wife/girlfriend.
Why not? If I like her, and get on with her, I'm happy enough to go out with her. Mind you, coming across a girl taller than me is a different matter. I'm 6'3, and with my hair up probably closer to 6'5''. I haven't really met a girl taller than me, but it could work
Doesn't make much of a difference to me.
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
You're 6'1? Furrrrk mayne haha, nice.

No I'm 6 ft :tongue: but I can tolerate an inch above so she would have to be 6'2" or above to date
Well I'm 6ft 3 so she would be quite tall. We would have super human babies :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending