The Student Room Group

GCSE Spanish help

I have written this for my GCSE Spanish oral exam for a presentation of a photo, it has to be about a minute long and use various structures and tenses, I hope I have done all this, but I would be so greatful if anyone could point out any mistakes I have made and correct me, or just suggest improvements, thank you!

Enfrente a la derecha hay mi, mi hermana, mi madre y mi padre, Sommos en un kayak en el rio Dordoin en el sur de Francia, por eso llevamos chalecos salvavidas, eran no cómodo. Fuimos a Francia en Julio, por eso hizo muy calor, por lo tanto llevamos unas camisetas y unos pantalones cortos. En el fondo hay un ciudad en las colinas se llama Hameau Les Arges, alojamos allí por una semana, se un bonito lugar. Después la foto fue tomé, hicimos kayak a lo largo del río, hicimos kayak para seis horas, pero fue muy divertido.
Original post by hmgriffiths
I have written this for my GCSE Spanish oral exam for a presentation of a photo, it has to be about a minute long and use various structures and tenses, I hope I have done all this, but I would be so greatful if anyone could point out any mistakes I have made and correct me, or just suggest improvements, thank you!

Enfrente a la derecha (I'm not sure what you're trying to say...) hay yo, mi hermana, mi madre y mi padre. Somos en un kayak en el rio Dordoin en el sur de Francia, por lo que estamos llevando chalecos salvavidas pero eran no cómodos. Fuimos a Francia en Julio (pasado?), y/así que(you can pick) hizo muy calor, por lo tanto llevabamos (unas- not needed, same for next one )camisetas y (unos) pantalones cortos. En el fondo hay una ciudad en las colinas se llama Hameau Les Arges, nos alojamos allí por una semana, era un bonito lugar. Después esta foto fue tomada, hicimos kayak a lo largo del río, (hicimos kayak- can leave this out?) por seis horas, pero fue muy divertido.

Great! :smile: I've put corrections in red, if you want me to explain any, let me know :smile: By the way, I am not native, I just do AS Spanish, so I could be wrong :colondollar: Have you timed yourself saying this?
try to use link words, like "pero", "ya que", "sin embargo", etc. rather than separating things with commas, because it lets you show off more :smile:
some of the things in red aren't corrections as such; more like suggestions to vary things, but if you don't like them, feel free to keep your version :wink:
if you need anything else, just ask :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Any tips for how to revise for not only the oral? (which I also have in a couple of weeks time - good luck to everyone doing it!!), but also the final written and listening examinations? I'm just about scarping an A grade, but I want to at least secure that or even push it up to an A* but I find learning languages very challenging :/
Reply 3
For me, when I'm revising for an oral I learnt a sentence at a time and had trigger words for each sentence. I have been using flash cards when practising for my speaking exams, and when it comes to revising for your final exams just keep learning all the vocab and verb tenses. I usequizlet.com/ ​to help with this. Just keep practising a little bit everyday.

I hope this has been helpful and best of luck in your exams!
Original post by Maddlez
Any tips for how to revise for not only the oral? (which I also have in a couple of weeks time - good luck to everyone doing it!!), but also the final written and listening examinations? I'm just about scarping an A grade, but I want to at least secure that or even push it up to an A* but I find learning languages very challenging :/

I'm basically reiterating what Trudy98 said- i used brainscape.com for learning vocab, might be too late to try that now since it took me ages to put all the words into it and then actually learn them. Personally, i learnt the oral a paragraph a day, just kept writing it out over and over, but make sure you know how to pronounce it as well! Definitely use past papers, especially listening ones, it helps to get used to the speakers-speed and pronunciation. Definitely make sure you know tenses, our teacher made us chant the endings, but also, know when to use which :smile:
Try to pin point which bits you find most difficult and focus on those.

Quick Reply

Latest