The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 History - Ireland

Could anyone help? I'm really struggling to understand Ireland and I really need an A this year!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Reply 2
Original post by cjohnston
Could anyone help? I'm really struggling to understand Ireland and I really need an A this year!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which Ireland module are you doing?
Reply 3
Original post by clarec9
Which Ireland module are you doing?

1775-1800!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you be more specific about what you need help with?

Have you completed any past papers? Is there something in particular that you're stuck with? :smile:
Reply 5

Yes me too! What area do you need help with?
Reply 6
Tbh it's hard to explain! I've tried revising and doing past papers but I just don't seem to get my head around it! Particularly I'm confused about the United Irishmen/defenders and tbh their importance! I was wondering if anyone has any method they could advise!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I see! I felt in revising this module it was important to look at each section separately and identify causes and then the effects. So the causes for the growth of the volunteers (then ranking them in importance) and then the effects of the volunteer movement and how useful they were/what lead to the downfall. The United Irishmen is more complicated I admit, as their development goes from simply existing to becoming a republican movement. And then lastly the rebellion is mainly the causes of the rebellion and the reasons why it failed (again ranking which was most important). And then lastly act of union is an easy separate topic!
Reply 8
Ok thank you! Hopefully splitting will make it a little easier! Good luck for two weeks today!! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending