The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield or University of Liverpool?

I have been offered a conditional offer for both universities and I'm still struggling to make a choice. Any recommendations?
Reply 1
Original post by sarghe
I have been offered a conditional offer for both universities and I'm still struggling to make a choice. Any recommendations?

Hi
I'd say both a are great "student cities" so it depends on which one you feel most at home at.
Sheffield has a better ranking overall but I guess it depends on what course you are doing and the modules.
I'd say visit both (if you haven't already) and see which one "feels" best. Personally I love Liverpool - there's just something about the city that is pretty unique (maybe it's the history, people or the fact that it's a port). Both Sheffield and Liverpool are leafy and red brick - though Sheffield will have the edge for outdoor space (Pennines etc..)
Obviously it may depend where you are coming from - so check out train fares and/or mileage to get to each city.
Both cities are good in that you can get out and about to other places (e.g: Manchester) if you need a break.
Hope this helps:smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
that's so weird- I was struggling making this exact decision up until really recently- went with Sheffield in the end but loved Liverpool too!
Original post by hdindak
that's so weird- I was struggling making this exact decision up until really recently- went with Sheffield in the end but loved Liverpool too!

Definitely Sheffield. I like Liverpool and the people there, but in my mind Sheffield is the clear winner. The University stands better in the rankings, it is the greenest city in the UK (by number of trees and outdoor space), it is the safest of the eight large cities in the UK, the accommodation is consistently ranked as best in the country (82% of our accommodation is en-suite, the highest in the Russell group), the Students' Union is the best in the UK (six years in a row ranked best by Times Higher Education Student Satisfaction Survey), the list goes on. Put simply, we're number 1! I've had an amazing time here, and I'm sure you will to.

18HuHM6jDKU
Reply 4
Original post by sheffunistudent
Definitely Sheffield. I like Liverpool and the people there, but in my mind Sheffield is the clear winner. The University stands better in the rankings, it is the greenest city in the UK (by number of trees and outdoor space), it is the safest of the eight large cities in the UK, the accommodation is consistently ranked as best in the country (82% of our accommodation is en-suite, the highest in the Russell group), the Students' Union is the best in the UK (six years in a row ranked best by Times Higher Education Student Satisfaction Survey), the list goes on. Put simply, we're number 1! I've had an amazing time here, and I'm sure you will to.

really- im glad to hear than aha! yeah i feel happy with sheffield! i've only ever heard good things about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending