The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Changing from course

Hello! :smile:

I have been given an offer to study at King's, but lately I have been wondering whether I still want to follow this course. Is it possible to change from course in the first year? If so, should I contact them immediately about this or after I have started? The course that I would like to follow instead is in the same department (Arts & Humanities), though. Don't get me wrong, I really like the course but I am afraid my job opportunities will be very low which is holding me back. :frown: Thank you for any help! :smile:
Hi Abramovic,

Thanks for your message and congratulations on your offer :smile:

If you think you'd like to change your course please get in touch with our Arts and Humanities admissions team via +44 (0)20 7848 7439 to discuss changing your course. Alternatively as you have already submitted your application, please use the messaging service within your King's Apply (myApplication) account (https://apply.kcl.ac.uk/) to contact your admissions team wherever possible: this will help us to keep all your information and correspondence together, and will ensure that your questions go directly to the admissions staff who are best placed to assist you.

I hope that helps - let me know if you have any further questions :smile:

Kerri
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Abramovic
Hello! :smile:

I have been given an offer to study at King's, but lately I have been wondering whether I still want to follow this course. Is it possible to change from course in the first year? If so, should I contact them immediately about this or after I have started? The course that I would like to follow instead is in the same department (Arts & Humanities), though. Don't get me wrong, I really like the course but I am afraid my job opportunities will be very low which is holding me back. :frown: Thank you for any help! :smile:

hi! i'm in the same position except i applied for 2016 entry! can you please let me know whether you were able to change courses?? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by myrimyrisauce
hi! i'm in the same position except i applied for 2016 entry! can you please let me know whether you were able to change courses?? :smile:

I was able to change courses! :smile: I changed from Philosophy to French & Philosophy, so in the same department, though.
I was able to change courses! :smile: I changed from Philosophy to French & Philosophy, so in the same department, though.

ahh great thank you! was it a difficult process to make the change, like an interview or anything?:biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by myrimyrisauce
ahh great thank you! was it a difficult process to make the change, like an interview or anything?:biggrin:

Not at all, I just sent the admissions office a message and it was changed the next day! :smile:
Not at all, I just sent the admissions office a message and it was changed the next day! :smile:

that's such a relief thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest