The Student Room Group

Career options after Psychology degree?

Hi,

What are some of the career paths that I can peruse after my undergraduate in psychology?

Please don't mention psychologists or anything like that because I do not want to go on to do this and want to look at my other options.

Thank You :smile:
You can do any generic graduate scheme as the vast majority just ask for a degree classification, not a subject. Something like HR, management or accounting for example
McDonalds usually, I can say that I studied it
Neurology if you take neurology modules
a guy I talked too works in the prison system as a prison counsellor I think?
Care work
Business related jobs
Criminal profiler?
Original post by Crystalz
Neurology if you take neurology modules
a guy I talked too works in the prison system as a prison counsellor I think?
Care work
Business related jobs
Criminal profiler?

Lol @ neurology and criminal profiler
Original post by JamesManc
Lol @ neurology and criminal profiler

rare but possible :smile:
Reply 6
Thanks guys for your replies.
Im looking into Mangement or Human Resources, not sure which one yet.

I'll do anything just to not end up working at Mc D's lol
Did you enjoy your courses and overall experience of studying psychology at uni?
Reply 8
Original post by IWantToBeThere
Did you enjoy your courses and overall experience of studying psychology at uni?

I am still finishing up, but overall yes I enjoy the course.
It is important to understand that Psychology isn't all about learning about human behaviour, the brain etc. Its actually a very statistics based course and involves alot of statistical analysis.

If you don't mind that element, then yeah the course was great.
Original post by Laurenummy
I am still finishing up, but overall yes I enjoy the course.
It is important to understand that Psychology isn't all about learning about human behaviour, the brain etc. Its actually a very statistics based course and involves alot of statistical analysis.

If you don't mind that element, then yeah the course was great.

What was your idea of a future career when you decided to study psychology at uni?
Aren't you interested in continuing your education at grad school, maybe after some work experience? Do you like research?
PS. Do you hate all the statistics there?
Reply 10
Original post by IWantToBeThere
What was your idea of a future career when you decided to study psychology at uni?
Aren't you interested in continuing your education at grad school, maybe after some work experience? Do you like research?
PS. Do you hate all the statistics there?

Im not fond of the statistics only because maths was never one of my strong points. I like Qualitative Research but that is as far as it goes.

I wanted to maybe become a Psychologist when I applied to the degree, but my mindset has just change :smile:
Well you could certainly go into research if you wanted to do qualitative methods, as long as you had a decent enough proposal or you found an advertised programme that you liked the look of
Original post by Laurenummy
Im not fond of the statistics only because maths was never one of my strong points. I like Qualitative Research but that is as far as it goes.

I wanted to maybe become a Psychologist when I applied to the degree, but my mindset has just change :smile:

I'm glad you enjoyed your degree! I don't know about the careers in psychology and can't be of more help.
Best of luck to you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending