The Student Room Group

My boyfriend thinks I'm a whore for having a condom drawer.

Scroll to see replies

He sounds like an a***hole. DTMFA
He sounds to me like a sexist prick tbh, I would dump him but it's your relationship and your choice.
Original post by Anonymous
tl;dr: Boyfriend has super conservative attitude towards women, should I end it?

I want to start by saying I adore my boyfriend. We've been together for 8 months and he's been great fun to be around the entire time. My friends and family like him too.
However, recently I've realised that he's very conservative with his view of how he thinks a 'lady' should behave and it worries me quite a lot. Like a lot of women, I have a drawer in my nightstand which has condoms in it, (which we use), but he doesn't think it's ladylike to keep protection around. He also doesn't think it's ok for me to not wear a bra (even though I'm small breasted) and I also get the feeling that he thinks it's unladylike that I'm quite a sexual person and that I enjoy sex a lot. (I don't sleep around as it's just not my thing, but I like to get adventurous in the bedroom and he thinks it's whorish). He also thinks that women should know how to cook, and that sort of thing.

I really care about him but his attitudes are really bothering me - I'm not a whore at all and I feel like he is slut shaming me for perfectly normal behaviour. I'm seriously questioning the future of our relationship now.

He sounds like a nice guy and all but from what you've said he doesn't sound your type.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
He sounds like a nice guy and all but from what you've said he doesn't sound your type.

Quote the parts in the OPs description which make him sound like a "nice guy"?
Original post by Twinpeaks
Quote the parts in the OPs description which make him sound like a "nice guy"?

"I adore my boyfriend."

"My friends and family like him too."

That's about it tbh, it wasn't a very complimentary piece of writing lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 25
I thought you were going to say you keep it cos you have a lot of other men comeing over and I was going to say he's right
But he's being ridiculous I think you should tell him your not going to have sex again as it isn't ladylike and see how much he likes that

It reminds me of something I read the other day where a user said men think that girls that give blowjobs(even to their boyfriends are whores and that 99/ of men would never marry a girl who has ever done it before or that would be willing to do it to them!

Cos they both have sexist and riduclous attitudes
(edited 9 years ago)
Sounds like a boring ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swagyolo420
Sounds like a boring ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your name sums up my life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha :lol::laugh:
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
"I adore my boyfriend."

"My friends and family like him too."

That's about it tbh, it wasn't a very complimentary piece of writing lol

I think you want to think of him as a nice guy because you find him relatable tbh.
Original post by Twinpeaks
I think you want to think of him as a nice guy because you find him relatable tbh.

Oi oi oi! I was just being polite. I mean we are talking about her boyfriend, this isn't some chump who came up to her on the street.

As for him, if he did specifically call her a whore that is disgusting behaviour, but from the way it is written - Well, I don't want to presume anything.

Understand now?

If not I don't care I just don't want more people giving me bad attitude for no reason.
(edited 9 years ago)
Not gonna lie I agree with the cooking and cleaning thing, but he cant call you a whore. If he wants someone who he thinks is "lady like" and that's not who you are tell him to find someone else
Reply 32
You're not sexually compatible. He would probably prefer a virgin who will only give it up after marriage.

He's right about the cooking though. Everyone should be able to cook.
tl;dr: Boyfriend has super conservative attitude towards women, should I end it?

I want to start by saying I adore my boyfriend. We've been together for 8 months and he's been great fun to be around the entire time. My friends and family like him too.
However, recently I've realised that he's very conservative with his view of how he thinks a 'lady' should behave and it worries me quite a lot. Like a lot of women, I have a drawer in my nightstand which has condoms in it, (which we use), but he doesn't think it's ladylike to keep protection around. He also doesn't think it's ok for me to not wear a bra (even though I'm small breasted) and I also get the feeling that he thinks it's unladylike that I'm quite a sexual person and that I enjoy sex a lot. (I don't sleep around as it's just not my thing, but I like to get adventurous in the bedroom and he thinks it's whorish). He also thinks that women should know how to cook, and that sort of thing.

I really care about him but his attitudes are really bothering me - I'm not a whore at all and I feel like he is slut shaming me for perfectly normal behaviour. I'm seriously questioning the future of our relationship now.

My boyfriend wants me to dress up and wear heels but I'm a tomboy. He can walk around I. Scruffy sports gear all the time so why can't I, as long as I'm clean I don't see the point.
Uh I don't understand why if the condoms are being used for only him, how in God's name that's whorish? You should pretend you don't have them, and when he doesn't have any on him and really wants to get it in, tell him it's too bad because it's whorish for a girl to have condoms.
Original post by akj.latif
Uh I don't understand why if the condoms are being used for only him, how in God's name that's whorish? You should pretend you don't have them, and when he doesn't have any on him and really wants to get it in, tell him it's too bad because it's whorish for a girl to have condoms.

Lol, I love this!
Lol, I love this!

It'll change his mind, I promise ya 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's wrong with him? :confused:

If it was me I wouldn't put up with that crap.

Original post by akj.latif

Pure evil
Reply 38
Tell him to ditch his Victorian morals or you will likely find someone else to put your drawer to good use with.
If he's conservative then why the **** is he having pre marital sex then? I smell bull**** in him. Probably just wants to control you. Ditch him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending