The Student Room Group

Do girls prefer slim or well-built guys?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZolaCFC25
17kg in one year... that's gains. Fair play.

You were very light to start with though. I wonder how much the difference would be for someone who starts off with higher natural muscle mass and whether his gains in his first year and would command the same sort of appeal to girls given that he is not starting off skinny.

Definitely. In clothes often there isn't much of a difference.
Most people are shocked when they find out
Definitely the latter option.
Original post by Maker
Judging by a poster for male stripers I saw today, women like to look at muscular men, I haven't seen any posters of skinny male stripers but perhaps I lead a sheltered life.

No, you are doubtlessly right. And not only look at them, but go out with them date them marry them and eventually become life-partners too.
Original post by Carpediemxx
When i was skinny i had no attention
When i got muscular i had plenty of attention
Within the same couple of year

Interpret as you will

Whole heartedly agreed. Different situation maybe, but I’ve always been super thin haha and never attractive/picked up the “player” types of a girl.

although, i am around a 7 stone and 5 foot 10, most guys i know/hang out with are surprisingly also the “sub” type - in the 100 to 110 range, around 6 ft tall.

needless to say, not the popular kids type are we all.
Original post by xDave-
I have conclusive evidence suggesting they are not interested in slim guys, and I will let you know about the other option when I'm hench.

100% true. Plus, they aren’t even superior in any sort of way.

no wonder natural selection/survival of the fittiest hasn’t exactly been quite kind-to them, necessarily!
Reply 45
Original post by Awesome Genius
lol i thought girls like a bit of immaturity...like in a playful way?

Immaturity gets boring, is childish and annoying.
Original post by Lostx
Immaturity gets boring, is childish and annoying.

In a playful way, was how it got originally said-at first.
Original post by Mike9910
Since beautiful women tend to go for masculine, powerful, rich, famous, good looking men it's a good bet these are the qualities women find attractive.

Being muscular can only be a good thing.

So absolutely totally completely undeniably true. Well said, mike!
Original post by Mike9910
You don't need a perfect body: a body that just has adequate signs of protective ability and dominance will do.

You never see the busty, popular cheerleader types go for skinny guys, even if they're pretty boys.

Skinny, pretty boys end up with cute girls. Not hot girls. And we're talking about pretty boys here (IE men with beauty). If you're skinny and not a pretty boy then you're giving off nerdy, low status vibes. Not good.

As Zola just mentioned: improving your physique is a fairly surefire way of becoming more attractive. Not all girls like muscular guys, but a lot do and with those that don't, it's difficult to become more attractive anyways-because they are looking for features you can't really change.

yet a well built bod always helps as a much needed and indeed quite welcome bonus. Besides, that’s for the low life level skinny dudes to decide. If you’re like this or that one...well no hope really.

One question for you though mike since you really do seem like such an expert on this topic: what would work for you?

like you did say for example, that skinny ones don’t do well. Who does and why, because what does just make all the crucial and important difference, there?
And so-here’s the pictures, which we would have mentioned earlier:

https://i.imgur.com/pBqqX5a.jpg

Plus the more feminine ones are usually the ones that have it worst. Take this guy as an instance.

Cute, maybe if you ask a man-on-man lover. But successful, not gonna happen, other men will just step right over him.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Juicy J
Girls want a man who's very big and muscular like Arnold Schwarzenegger at his peak, and Mariusz Pudzianowski when he won World's Strongest Man. They want a man who's tall and very muscular.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I’m feneral yes. Masculinity-signals strength, virility, muscularity, etc. And yes I may have messed up the order over there like you know a little bit, perhaps I’ll gonna be going to have, and admit it. Still regardless...
Original post by Musie Suzie
Well-built.

Although...lol, haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending