The Student Room Group

Geography BSc/ MSci- Durham/Leeds/Nottingham/Birmingham

Hi

I am a student looking to study geography at university and I'm really struggling to decide where to go. I have a standard BSc offer from Nottingham, Leeds and Durham and I have applied for the MSci at Birmingham and got anunconditional! But I am really struggling to decide!

I'm apprehensive about Durham because of the idea of formal dinners and the type of people there (maybe that's just stereotyping???) and I don't want to be the guy who goes to Durham and comes back posh. However I know it is very good for geography. I like all the rest a lot and I'm struggling to choose which one I should accept as my firm!

Nottingham has a great Geography department and great facilities and I love it, but so does Birmingham and leeds!
Am I more likely to meet people more like me at these Universities?
Am I silly to not accept the unconditional?
Does anyone have any views?
Any help is greatly appreciated :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm a first year at Birmingham (MSci) and I love it. You'll enjoy yourself wherever you go, you'll get from uni what you give, cliche but true. Jealous of your unconditional - I had grades to meet! I have friends at Leeds, Durham and Notts and they all love it there too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending