The Student Room Group

Oklahoma Bill to Allow Nitrogen Gas in Executions

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1

Considering that death via inert gases such as nitrogen is painless and somewhat euphoric, I'd say this is a good decision.
Reply 2
like it
If they're determined to stick with capital punishment then I guess this is a good thing as the nitrogen is meant to provide a painless and even euphoric death as arkhamz said. With that said, I wish the Americans would stop looking for new execution methods and just outlaw capital punishment altogether.
I don't get why people are so obsessed with making things as painless as possible. The Constitution doesn't call for that: just hang or shoot them as was done at the time it was written.

You know what is barbaric? the murders and rapes that the convicts committed. Any method is suitable to remove these scum from the face of the earth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MatureStudent36

A europhiles feeling before passing out and then death.

Can I just say that much as I dislike Nick Clegg I don't think he should be executed and the world would be a poorer place minus Ken Clarke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MatureStudent36
The most humane execution available.

A europhiles feeling before passing out and then death.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/broadband/tx/executions/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7183957.stm

I'd say it's certainly up there as a pretty humane form of execution. Not sure if it is *the* most humane way, though. I understand a massive opiate overdose would feel pretty euphoric and painless (apart from the needle used to inject the opiates).

I'd rather that America didn't execute people, but if they are going to do it then it probably better they do it in a slightly more humane way than the electric chair or firing squad. Lethal injection is somewhat controversial as there have been cases of it not working properly and I don't think it's know how painful the procedure is as the muscle relaxant is the first to take effect. Or something like that, it's not something I spend a huge amount of time reading about.
How is that barbaric? If anything it is one of the most humane ways possible.

I would rather they just shot them, it would be so much cheaper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending