The Student Room Group

I feel kind of lonely and hopeless

Just a little vent.

I don't have any close friends here at home, hell- I don't think I've ever had any meaningful relationship with anyone. One of few people I was relatively close to just happened to die a couple of months ago. I'm stuck here in a small dump of a town with no one I have anything in common with and I feel completely trapped.
My relations with my parents a pretty good but any interaction I have with them feels empty, as horrible as that sounds. I love them but for a long time I haven't felt much regarding them. They both suffer from depression atm (as do I, but it's kind of under control) and being with them rarely improves my state of mind.
I've wasted a load of time flirting with girls on dating sites in an attempt to feel better about it all, but before anything gets far I get bored of them and move on. I know that's self-inflicted, but I can't seem to help it. Never had a relationship and every time I've made an honest attempt to be in one I've gotten hurt.

I'm hoping to go to uni next year, but this rests on me passing a part time course I'm currently on. The only chance I have to get out of my loneliness is being threatened by that very loneliness; I've been missing many classes lately due to my mood and I really don't know what to do. This is my final chance to go to university but I'm afraid I'm already throwing that away. I'm afraid I'm going to be stuck where I am for a hella long time and have no one.
Hopefully this doesn't come across too "oh, woe is me". I just want to cuddle up with someone.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RobML
Just a little vent.

I don't have any close friends here at home, hell- I don't think I've ever had any meaningful relationship with anyone. One of few people I was relatively close to just happened to die a couple of months ago. I'm stuck here in a small dump of a town with no one I have anything in common with and I feel completely trapped.
My relations with my parents a pretty good but any interaction I have with them feels empty, as horrible as that sounds. I love them but for a long time I haven't felt much regarding them. They both suffer from depression atm (as do I, but it's kind of under control) and being with them rarely improves my state of mind.
I've wasted a load of time flirting with girls on dating sites in an attempt to feel better about it all, but before anything gets far I get bored of them and move on. I know that's self-inflicted, but I can't seem to help it. Never had a relationship and every time I've made an honest attempt to be in one I've gotten hurt.

I'm hoping to go to uni next year, but this rests on me passing a part time course I'm currently on. The only chance I have to get out of my loneliness is being threatened by that very loneliness; I've been missing many classes lately due to my mood and I really don't know what to do. This is my final chance to go to university but I'm afraid I'm already throwing that away. I'm afraid I'm going to be stuck where I am for a hella long time and have no one.
Hopefully this doesn't come across too "oh, woe is me". I just want to cuddle up with someone.

That sucks :frown: Sorry to hear that :hugs:
I'm in a similar situation to you, I live in a small market town in Cheshire, been depressed recently, don't have any friends to go out to places with atm, struggling to get into class/concentrate on work, don't really get on too great with classmates.

I know what you mean about relationships feeling empty.
Original post by Precious Illusions

I'm sorry, you can't say anything serious with that avatar. Though it probably did make that hug smiley a bit more enjoyable for OP.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I'm sorry, you can't say anything serious with that avatar. Though it probably did make that hug smiley a bit more enjoyable for OP.

I like to think people will just imagine me as a talking pair of breasts.

:yep:

[scrollr]:yay:[/scrollr]

[scroll]:yay:[/scroll]

[scrollr]:yay:[/scrollr]
I've felt like that a lot through out life. I think the best way to overcome loneliness is to go out, even if its just you. Visit museums, go to the theatre, or join a sports club. Go to a snooker club and challenge someone there, people are always willing to test themselves against people they don't know. There are opportunities but sometimes they seem hard to get a hold of. Bleh, thats just my amateurish advice.

You seem like a likeable person, and i'm sure there'd be people who'd value your friendship. If you're ever down in London, I'd be happy to go out :redface:

That's how I always imagine you anyway.
That's how I always imagine you anyway.

This is why we're friends.
This is why we're friends.

Your previous pic was a lot classier.
Original post by Adipoptosis
Your previous pic was a lot classier.

Don't see how.
Don't see how.

I have no idea what he's talking about.
I have no idea what he's talking about.

Aren't you the girl who had the pic with the glasses? Now its just some boobs!
Reply 13

5* new avi
Original post by Adipoptosis
Aren't you the girl who had the pic with the glasses? Now its just some boobs!

I...my pic never had glasses, but I do wear glasses...? idk, this is only temporary ok :angry:
I alternate between feeling like that and getting my **** together for periods of time. Managed to get my **** together this weekend lol.

I think you should stop flirting all the time and try and just have normal conversations. More likely to lead to something of substance.
Original post by zKlown
5* new avi

can't work out why some people don't like it :confused:
x]

your bangers are detracting from Rob's thread :eyeball:
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I'm in a similar situation to you, I live in a small market town in Cheshire, been depressed recently, don't have any friends to go out to places with atm, struggling to get into class/concentrate on work, don't really get on too great with classmates.

I know what you mean about relationships feeling empty.

I also live in a market town in Cheshire :five:
Reply 19
can't work out why some people don't like it :confused:

People can't appreciate things of beauty

Quick Reply

Latest