Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who do you believe Is the best Footballer?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldinho
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Titus Bramble gets my vote.

I wonder how he became a footballer!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epitomessence)
    Oh, and my pick is Stevie G. (ignoring his current form. Eww.)
    :confused: Stevie G has been great in the past few games.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Most players CAN tackle pass and shoot.
    as in tackle, pass and shoot well. can ronaldinho tackle GOOD? erm no, can he shoot and dribble? hell yes
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gareth Bale :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelv)
    as in tackle, pass and shoot well. can ronaldinho tackle GOOD? erm no, can he shoot and dribble? hell yes
    Fair enough, but Ronaldinho doesnt need to tackle since he's got other players who can do it for him while he can focus on what he does best.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyF1991)
    Who do you believe Is the best Footballer?

Thierry Henry
    Ronaldinho
    Cannavaro
    C.Ronaldo
    C.Fabregas
    A.Shevchenko
    F.Lampard
    J.Terry
    J.Cole
    T.Cahill
    Other (Please State)
    Ronaldinho it has to be!

What the hell have you put lampard in there for? He just shoots a screamer in every now and then if your going to have him you should put crouch in, all he does is deflect the ball in off his head as opposed to shooting something decent or guiding the ball in!!! :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Reggie Bush:p: anyway what an insult to the football legend...Wheres Pele?:mad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, but Ronaldinho doesnt need to tackle since he's got other players who can do it for him while he can focus on what he does best.
    Yup, that's why we cant judge a footballer just on how much skills he does and how many goals he scores, because this would be disadvantage to defenders and goal keepers!

I cant remmber what I previously said lol, but I'd think gerrard is a complete player, as in tackle, shoot, pass, dribbling. So overall I'd say gerrard, but for individual components of football i.e. dribbling, then ronaldinho defin can make it to top of the list.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmoothEconomist)
    i would say Kaka is the best footballer, in recent times along with - Henry, Ronaldinho and Gerrard..
    Exactly the same as you!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My vote goes for Andrea Pirlo. Hes an excellent all round player. Hes a good tackler, excellent passer, excellent set piece taker and hes got a good shot on him aswell. The only problem is that hes lacking a bit in pace.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard
    Henry
    Ronaldinho

why argue with that!?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldinho
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barfee)
    My vote goes for Andrea Pirlo. Hes an excellent all round player. Hes a good tackler, excellent passer, excellent set piece taker and hes got a good shot on him aswell. The only problem is that hes lacking a bit in pace.
    Decent shout. I'd say he's the best passer of the ball in the world. Whether he's the best overall player is another question.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pirlo a good tackler?! Blasphemy! You either havent seen very much of him or...well you just havent seen very much of him

Depends what you mean by the best really. Cant really compare players playing in different positions...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    looooooooooooooool! i take it you only started watching football a few months ago?
    Well if you call last 8 years or so a few months then yes! loool.

what exactly do you mean by hardest league?
    As in terms of the physical/emotional stress one goes through is second to none. No league in the world is as competitive as the Premiership. I suppose La Liga comes close but not really.

By your logic, one could argue Henry is crap since he flopped in Serie A during 98/99 (at the time Serie A was widely regarded as the best league in the world).
    Henry was young then and Arsenal paid a lot of money for a "crap" player! Sheva is a top player do not get me wrong (you can see how good he was because AC are really struggling without him)but if he does not prove himself to be real good in the premiership then he will never be classed as world class. Which is unfortuante i suppose. Plus the whole stuff going on in Spain has put a damper on AC Milan. In my opinion Chelski maybe just maybe chould have tried to make Crespo happy and keep him there.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weird and Wonderful)

Henry was young then and Arsenal paid a lot of money for a "crap" player! Sheva is a top player do not get me wrong (you can see how good he was because AC are really struggling without him)but if he does not prove himself to be real good in the premiership then he will never be classed as world class. Which is unfortuante i suppose. Plus the whole stuff going on in Spain has put a damper on AC Milan. In my opinion Chelski maybe just maybe chould have tried to make Crespo happy and keep him there.
    The old chestnut- form is temporary, class is permanent. He doesn't have to prove anything, but he's the type of person that will try his hardest to win people over, even though he'll go down in the history books for what he did in Serie A and the CL (+ Ukraine). He's not suited to the system at Chelsea. At Milan he had excellent service...two of the best passers of the ball in Seedorf and Pirlo, and an excellent runner in Kaka. He was the key component in the side at Milan, Ancelotti got the team playing to Sheva's strengths. At Chelsea you have Lampard who thinks he's a striker, not to mention Ballack. Drogba, Sheva, Lampard and Ballack all in a similar region of the pitch, all with a direct approach to football i.e. goal hungry.

But there's more to his game than scoring goals. Shevchenko played as a supporting striker at Milan. Last season it was behind Gilardino, the year before was Inzaghi, and prior to that it was Bierhoff, Weah etc. That's not to say he's not a goalscorer, imo he's the best finisher in the world, I just don't think he's comfortable with the set up at Chelsea. Even though Milan never really played with wingers, Robben and SWP may help him get his goalscoring form back.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
    Well if you call last 8 years or so a few months then yes! loool.
    Ok so i just take it u never watched Serie A otherwise u would rate Sheva as one of the best players in the world. He's proved himself consistantly in the CL and Serie A.

As in terms of the physical/emotional stress one goes through is second to none. No league in the world is as competitive as the Premiership. I suppose La Liga comes close but not really.
    i suppose the SPL is also one of the hardest leagues since its also very physical and competitive?

Yes Henry was young? whats your point? he still flopped. Sheva came to Serie A at around the same age as Henry yet Sheva was top scorer in his first season (whilst being played as a wing forward) while Henry was crap.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shevchenko was a phenominal player, whatever happens at Chelsea but I no longer feel he is world class. Im willing to be proved wrong though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:
Updated: January 30, 2007
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.