The Student Room Group

How much do you revise a day to get for A's?

Just a question guys, let's say your studying for sciences and english, how much do you revise a day now that exam's are so close? When did you start revising?

Scroll to see replies

Enhancing our concepts and understanding about the topic is more important than the time allocation for revision. If a person has a firm grasp of the subject than his chances for achieving 'A' is higher.
Improving the understanding of the subject should be the first priority of a student.
As far as revision time goes, allocation of 6 hours per day is the least time for revision.
Original post by hassansheikh
Enhancing our concepts and understanding about the topic is more important than the time allocation for revision. If a person has a firm grasp of the subject than his chances for achieving 'A' is higher.
Improving the understanding of the subject should be the first priority of a student.
As far as revision time goes, allocation of 6 hours per day is the least time for revision.

lmao

OP as long as you're not a retard, you shouldnt need to revise anywhere near 6 hours a day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by silentshadows
lmao

OP as long as you're not a retard, you shouldnt need to revise anywhere near 6 hours a day

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK Then, tell me mister genius how much hours should a student revise each day, when there are only 30 days left for the exams?
Couple hours night before exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

6hours for A's?
Original post by Yousf
6hours for A's?

I revise for 10 mins, then pray to Allah for the rest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coffee&Doughnuts
Just a question guys, let's say your studying for sciences and english, how much do you revise a day now that exam's are so close? When did you start revising?

Oh, looking back on the GCSE days of yore...

Literally, do a few papers, read the mark schemes and the textbook now and again and, with a bit of common sense, an A* should be well within reach.

Ask the same question when you get to A2 and I would probably go into cardiac arrest after you said 30 days before I had a chance to respond "30*24=720 hours of revision".
Reply 8
Original post by Coffee&Doughnuts

I'm studying both a science and an english = Biology and English Literature (I don't really count Psychology as a science lol)

3 Hours a day during school days and 6 hrs and 30 minutes during school holidays (3hrs and 15 mins in the morning with 15 minutes break after 1 hr 30 mins session (x2)...and the same in the afternoon!) :smile:

My revision isn't writing notes (that should all be done by now!). It's about answering lots and lots of questions online and on the AQA Book, and going over past papers, as well as making queue cards! For English, it's basically just going through different poems and books and analysing it all and keeping a record of useful quotes! :biggrin:
Started exactly 100 days before my first exam and would generally do 5-10 hours a day every day. Started from scratch and worked independently for most of it and came out with A*A*AAa* in Bio/Math/Chem/Phys/epq
Original post by frozo123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well then you're ****ed.
Original post by Yousf
6hours for A's?

or more but not less.
Original post by Uosaf
Well then you're ****ed.

Nah Allah got my back, btec ftw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you have a loose nut in your thinking mechanism.
Yes! without a doubt Allah is the giver and taker but Allah says that one should not expect anything good when one is not even trying.
Revising for 10 minutes a day is nothing, yup it is nothing.
How can someone enter the examination hall learning nothing but still with the expectation to pass with flying colors? If someone thinks so then he might be a madman.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nah Allah got my back, btec ftw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Btec is the one akhi- carry on praying to Allah inshalla you get the boom grades
I think you have a loose nut in your thinking mechanism.
Yes! without a doubt Allah is the giver and taker but Allah says that one should not expect anything good when one is not even trying.
Revising for 10 minutes a day is nothing, yup it is nothing.
How can someone enter the examination hall learning nothing but still with the expectation to pass with flying colors? If someone thinks so then he might be a madman.

Allah will give me the required knowledge, all actions in this world are controlled by allah. I called you a poopoohead, yeah, that's right bitch, Allah told me to say that.
Who are ya?? Who are ya??

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
or more but not less.

Wrong. Maybe for you, yes. But for me, and I'm sure a lot of other people, less than half of that is enough. It's about what you're doing as opposed to how long, as I'm sure you know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by desi_rude_boy 97
Btec is the one akhi- carry on praying to Allah inshalla you get the boom grades

I need time to pray and think about Allah, however I get urges to beat the bishop, so to compensate, I took a picture of a schoolboy, Little Mohammad, I masturbate to him instead. mashallah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't revise at all, which is probably a risky strategy.
Allah will give me the required knowledge, all actions in this world are controlled by allah. I called you a poopoohead, yeah, that's right bitch, Allah told me to say that.
Who are ya?? Who are ya??

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much ignorant can you be? It is a real shame.
Why don't you burn all your books and just keep on praying to Allah.
Allah gives knowledge to those who seek for it.

Quick Reply

Latest