The Student Room Group

Would you risk your life for a sibling?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3018230/Man-35-dies-saving-younger-brother-oncoming-Tube-train-tragic-accident.html

There are many people in this world who have sacrificed their life for a sibling (or more) and I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on it. How close are you to your sibling(s) and would you risk your life for theirs? I have a younger brother who I absolutely adore and I would do anything to put his life out of danger.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Regardless of how close you are you'd do anything to save a family member tbh.
Reply 2
I would risk my life for family, friends, and generally anyone else I deem worthy. My life isn't worth that much in my eyes :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Arkasia
I would risk my life for family, friends, and generally anyone else I deem worthy. My life isn't worth that much in my eyes :wink:

What makes you say that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by r-t
What makes you say that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea what I want to do with my life, and alongside some pretty bad confidence issues, I am pretty sure I would be fine with losing it if it meant someone else gets to live.
Of course, I kinda need to pay them back because I'm a huge douche to them especially :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. However, I think that the oldest of my younger sisters wouldn't consider the same for others, she's a coward. Plus, I don't really trust anybody else to keep my family in check after I'm gone. Don't get me wrong, I don't do a huge amount right now but that'll change in the future.
Original post by Arkasia
No idea what I want to do with my life, and alongside some pretty bad confidence issues, I am pretty sure I would be fine with losing it if it meant someone else gets to live.

Don't say that dude you the real MVP of our squad ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, I love my brothers more than pretty much anyone else.
I'm not sure I'd risk my life for anyone, to be honest. Although I go through phases of feeling suicidal, so if I was going through a particularly bad phase then I'd risk my life for the ****ing milkman.

9 times out of 10 though, absolutely not.

(I have one sibling, a younger sister)
Reply 10
Original post by Precious Illusions
Yes, I love my brothers more than pretty much anyone else.

let me guess you've had at least 10 comments on your profile pic with the heart eyed emoji from desperate lads
Original post by orange crush
I'm not sure I'd risk my life for anyone, to be honest. Although I go through phases of feeling suicidal, so if I was going through a particularly bad phase then I'd risk my life for the ****ing milkman.

9 times out of 10 though, absolutely not.

(I have one sibling, a younger sister)

Why not? Survival of the fittest, huh?
Reply 12
Yeah i'm the oldest so i feel like i have to protect everyone.
Original post by Protégé
Why not? Survival of the fittest, huh?

I fear death more than I fear life without my sister.
I have two sisters, one older and one younger. We're all very close and I like to think we'd do whatever it took to save each other :h:
Reply 15
Yeah definitely, bros before... ummm... don't really want to finish that.
Original post by orange crush
I fear death more than I fear life without my sister.

Death isn't too bad, you just cease to exist. The worst thing I can think of is having an unfulfilled life. I'd rather have a worthy death than a terrible life.
Reply 17
Probably would. It's just me and my younger brother so we are very close. I'd like to think he'd risk his life for me too :smile:
Reply 18
Despite having annoying siblings, I would risk my life for them without a doubt. I guess it's instinct for being the oldest one :smile:
Not really close to my sister, but that's just our relationship, we get on perfectly because we're not in each other's face I guess :tongue:. My brother and I are pretty close I guess, but the age difference between me and them is kinda big. Regardless, I would risk my life for my siblings because I know they would do the same - although I would like to think they would

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending