The Student Room Group

Talking to FwB about ****ing other people

Is it bad? My fwb was asking me about a girl he thought I was going to have sex with but didn't, asking if she's beautiful. I considered sending her a pic of her but idk if that's completely weird? And it would feel like I'm partaking in some kind of game because I reckon his interest in whether me and her have sex is related to him being jealous, and I like him being jealous (she's hot so it would prob make him more jealous, even though me and her didn't actually ****). And he likes making me jealous by insinuating that he sexes other girls even though he doesn't. We never agreed to be fwb btw. But we're friends who have sex and aren't together and idk what else to call us.
Original post by Anonymous
Is it bad? My fwb was asking me about a girl he thought I was going to have sex with but didn't, asking if she's beautiful. I considered sending her a pic of her but idk if that's completely weird? And it would feel like I'm partaking in some kind of game because I reckon his interest in whether me and her have sex is related to him being jealous, and I like him being jealous (she's hot so it would prob make him more jealous, even though me and her didn't actually ****). And he likes making me jealous by insinuating that he sexes other girls even though he doesn't. We never agreed to be fwb btw. But we're friends who have sex and aren't together and idk what else to call us.

Are you bisexual?
Reply 2
Original post by ZolaCFC25
Are you bisexual?

I guess. Is it relevant?
I guess. Is it relevant?

I'm a guy. If I was FwB with a girl who was bi, I wouldn't get jealous about you having sex with a girl anywhere near as much as if it was you having sex with a guy (depending on my feelings for you and how the situation is i.e. unless we were genuinely detached, in which case I wouldn't care as much about a guy).

I would just be curious as to how attractive she is and obviously sex is involved so threesome fantasies would come into it. But i've also read about how married women finding out their husband is bisexual/gay and had an affair and they haven't taken to it well. I suppose of my wife was doing it behind my back then I may have differing views, but then again, definitely not to the extent of which of cheating with a man. Maybe there gender differences here.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
I'm a guy. If I was FwB with a girl who was bi, I wouldn't get jealous about you having sex with a girl anywhere near as much as if it was you having sex with a guy (depending on my feelings for you and how the situation is i.e. unless we were genuinely detached, in which case I wouldn't care as much about a guy).

I would just be curious as to how attractive she is and obviously sex is involved so threesome fantasies would come into it. But i've also read about how married women finding out their husband is bisexual/gay and had an affair and they haven't taken to it well. I suppose of my wife was doing it behind my back then I may have differing views, but then again, definitely not to the extent of which of cheating with a man. Maybe there gender differences here.

Yeah I think he has less jealousy about me ****ing girls than guys but I don't think it's just men who are less jealous about their partners doing stuff with the same gender. My friend's gf actually encouraged him to kiss another guy
Reply 5
What's your rationale btw? Is it something to do with not seeing girls as a threat?
Probably more likely to be curious about having a threesome...might be just curious. I doubt I would be very much jealous/insecure, unless my fwb were having sex with a really cool alpha-female. Even then, I doubt it would bother me that much.
Reply 7
you don't need permission. you're in a dating relationship.
Reply 8
Original post by Blutooth
Probably more likely to be curious about having a threesome...might be just curious. I doubt I would be very much jealous/insecure, unless my fwb were having sex with a really cool alpha-female. Even then, I doubt it would bother me that much.

Sorry I should have clarified, I do reckon there's an element of being interested in a threesome etc but I also think there's an element of jealousy but I could be wrong. He's pretty possessive
What's your rationale btw? Is it something to do with not seeing girls as a threat?

Yeah I think so. And that another guy is getting your attention. Guys like to have all the girls attention, but it depends on whether this is a genuine fwb situation or things are a bit more intense in either of your own mind.
Yeah I think so. And that another guy is getting your attention. Guys like to have all the girls attention, but it depends on whether this is a genuine fwb situation or things are a bit more intense in either of your own mind.

He's said he loves me and we hold hands when we're together so I'd say it's a bit more than fwb...
He's said he loves me and we hold hands when we're together so I'd say it's a bit more than fwb...

So there you go. If you saw a guy now, I'd be upset if i were your fwb/bf. It's up to you to draw the boundaries. If you sought my 'permission' to see the girl, I wouldn't mind but would prefer if I was involved if she was attractive, even if you didn't want the other 2 having sex. But if you 2 were doing things to each other, I wouldn't personally have a problem! If you were doing it away from me then I could see it as diverted attention, perhaps.

Judging by the situation, I'm guessing you are uni so 18-23 ish?
Original post by miguapa
you don't need permission. you're in a dating relationship.

I know I don't need permission to sex others but not sure what your point is? Is it bad was referring to talking to my fwb about sexing other people, asking whether he does etc...he basically asked me earlier if I've ****ed anyone since I last saw him
ZolaCFC25 I'm 19 and he's 25
The thing about not seeing girls as a threat is weird to me... What if I prefer girls?
Reply 15
I know I don't need permission to sex others but not sure what your point is? Is it bad was referring to talking to my fwb about sexing other people, asking whether he does etc...he basically asked me earlier if I've ****ed anyone since I last saw him

none of your or his concern. you don't owe each other an answer.
Original post by miguapa
none of your or his concern. you don't owe each other an answer.

true but we want to know about each other's sex lives and i don't mind telling him about mine

Quick Reply

Latest