The Student Room Group

Manchester vs Glasgow Management

Hello,

I would like to ask for some advice. I am torn between The University of Manchester and The University of Glasgow. I applied for Management. I have conditionals to both but the courses are a little different. At Manchester is Management (Human Resources) and Glasgow - Business and Management. I aim to concentrate on Human Resources to be clear.

So can someone express opinion about the night life, student life, campuses and courses ?

I should say that the Glasgow offer is a little more difficult to achieve.

Please help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Has you been to visit both because obviously they are in very different places. If you have which city did you prefer? You said that you wanted to focus on human resources which is what Manchester is offering you and the entry requirements are slightly easier aswell. Have you looked at league tables?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by r-t
Has you been to visit both because obviously they are in very different places. If you have which city did you prefer? You said that you wanted to focus on human resources which is what Manchester is offering you and the entry requirements are slightly easier aswell. Have you looked at league tables?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I can't visit because I live far away and it would cost me too much and I am at school at the moment. The problem is the tuition fee at Manchester. So I want to get a clearer idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by katrinhong
Well I can't visit because I live far away and it would cost me too much and I am at school at the moment. The problem is the tuition fee at Manchester. So I want to get a clearer idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok do you live in Scotland hence glasglow would be cheaper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by r-t
Oh ok do you live in Scotland hence glasglow would be cheaper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am an international student but yes - it would be cheaper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by katrinhong
I am an international student but yes - it would be cheaper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok, I would suggest looking at the uni stats website and whatuni website. These provide reviews on all sorts of things such as employment rates, satisfaction etc for your course. Then compare them and see which gives you the best results :smile: the links for the 2 websites are

https://unistats.direct.gov.uk

http://www.whatuni.com

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending