The Student Room Group

Extended Essay! HELP!

We just have gotten assigned to write our EE´s in my IB school. I plan on doing it in my English A Higher Level class. I need topic ideas to help me get started. I have never done an EE and I am not really sure how to even start it! Help!!!

Thanks for reading,

Sofia.:smile:
Moving to Study Help :smile:
Do something you would find interesting enough to spend half a year on it. Do you have book you really like that you think could work?

I knew a girl who wrote it on a children´s book, which I think turned out well, so it doesn´t have to be Shakespeare :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Rikke1996
Do something you would find interesting enough to spend half a year on it. Do you have book you really like that you think could work?

I knew a girl who wrote it on a children´s book, which I think turned out well, so it doesn´t have to be Shakespeare :smile:

Yes I have this one book by Ishmeal beah called A long way gone,
and Im not really sure how I could create it into becoming an EE topic. I have a lot of things I could write about with it but I need ideas:confused:
Original post by sofiarose
and Im not really sure how I could create it into becoming an EE topic. I have a lot of things I could write about with it but I need ideas:confused:

It´s probably easier to write in EE about fiction. I cannot think about how to write an EE on non-fiction either, although it should be possible. Do you have a supervisor? Have you tried talking to him/her about it?

Hi Sofia Rose,

...Or consider a major work -- much like what you're studying for your course. It can be something recent, and therefore you have better chances of writing something original. The advantage of a major work or collection is that you may have a lot more to work with.

What you choose depends very much on which EE category you are writing in. If literature, then you'll be concentrating on the literary aspects (or issues) with possibility of one or more works (if more than one, then a comparison of certain ideas and features); but if cultural / contextual EE then the options are different -- and just as interesting. Choose carefully and well. The success of your EE will depend a lot on your topic and aspect. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

I think the best thing for you to do if you've picked a book is to look for themes. Think about it yourself or look for it online, find something you'd like to write about e.g. 'the idea of loyalty' or 'animal imagery,' and then your supervisor can guide you into forming it into a suitable topic :smile:

best of luck!

i'm doing my EE in English too.
We just have gotten assigned to write our EE´s in my IB school. I plan on doing it in my English A Higher Level class. I need topic ideas to help me get started. I have never done an EE and I am not really sure how to even start it! Help!!!

Thanks for reading,

Sofia.:smile:

You can try getting some help here - http://goo.gl/ha3hoL . They can offer you a good sample to get you started.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending