The Student Room Group

I'm not quite sure if uni is for me or not?

I'm from Hungary we moved here not long ago and I'm doing my A2s now. My parents expect me to go to uni but I don't feel comfortable about it. Back in Hungary my goal was uni too. I really like chemistry and I enjoy it more or less and everyone expects that I'll study chemistry but tbh I can't really see myself after degree and don't know what to do.
Reply 1
Original post by buci98
I'm from Hungary we moved here not long ago and I'm doing my A2s now. My parents expect me to go to uni but I don't feel comfortable about it. Back in Hungary my goal was uni too. I really like chemistry and I enjoy it more or less and everyone expects that I'll study chemistry but tbh I can't really see myself after degree and don't know what to do.

If you don't want to go university then don't go just because you feel pressured by friends and family. You will be spending a lot of money and time for it so if it's not something you want to do then don't. What are your plans after your A-levels? Gap year, apprenticeship etc. If you want to do an apprenticeship then you need to start applying for them earlier on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I don't have any plans except uni so that's another issue.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by buci98
I don't have any plans instead of uni so that's another issue.

Well try think of what job or what kind of jobs you might like and then see what qualifications you need to do that job
Reply 4
Original post by buci98
I don't have any plans except uni so that's another issue.

I'm planning to go university this year but don't exactly know what I want to do after it. Lots of people don't. I have a vague plan but I will take what comes along the way. Don't let not having a plan after your degree put you off :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by r-t
I'm planning to go university this year but don't exactly know what I want to do after it. Lots of people don't. I have a vague plan but I will take what comes along the way. Don't let not having a plan after your degree put you off :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I am exactly the same, I chose the degree based on the subject I enjoyed most, OP dont let not having a plan after uni put you off that is what Uni is for discovering what you are passionate about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending