The Student Room Group

Decision Time

I now have all my offers in for University. Its like one hurdle after another, but I feel so very grateful to have these opportunities for many different reasons. I guess I thought my ship for University sailed when I had my children.

For anyone who had a number of offers to choose from, how did you go about whittling it down to just two for UCAS?
Reply 1
Original post by LilBlueBug
I now have all my offers in for University. Its like one hurdle after another, but I feel so very grateful to have these opportunities for many different reasons. I guess I thought my ship for University sailed when I had my children.

For anyone who had a number of offers to choose from, how did you go about whittling it down to just two for UCAS?

Have you visited the universities?

There has to be specific reasons why you applied to those universities, right? If you have visited them, then which did you feel more 'at home' at or what resources did you prefer? If you picked a university for reputation alone then maybe choose the highest ranked in your chosen subject? If you picked it based on city then choose the city you most prefer?

List your reasons for each university and the positives and negatives for each university and make a justified decision :smile:
I found it really hard to choose, because my three choices were all so different. Trying to weigh the benefit of a short commute against a better course, for instance, is not straightforward. As you have children, a shorter commute will help enormously, but there may be many other things to take into account. As Jmce suggested, making a list of all the pros and cons of each one may help to make things clearer.
Reply 3
Go to open/applicant days if possible. Look on Unistats and whatuni for reviews and statistics on your universities and course. Also think about the entry requirements and whether they are realistic :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
The entry requirements for the one that wants them are achieveable. I am not thankfully worried about that part. There are commute issues of course especially with the kids. There is just one Uni I haven't visited and I booked to go on their applicant day shortly after Jmce posted.

Have a visit day tomorrow so will see how that goes. I was very tired when I went to their open day last year and just felt like I opened my mouth to change feet!
Reply 5
Original post by LilBlueBug
The entry requirements for the one that wants them are achieveable. I am not thankfully worried about that part. There are commute issues of course especially with the kids. There is just one Uni I haven't visited and I booked to go on their applicant day shortly after Jmce posted.

Have a visit day tomorrow so will see how that goes. I was very tired when I went to their open day last year and just felt like I opened my mouth to change feet!

Oh okay hope the visit goes well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending