The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

University of Stirling vs. University of Dundee 2015/2016

Hello everyone.

I am an Italian student and I got 2 unconditionals, one from Dundee (international Business + Geman) and one from Stirling (business Studies + Modern Languages).
I can't decide what to chose.
I know they have more or less the same ranking, but it seems to me that Stirling is always improving.

Is there someone that has or had the same doubt?

Thank you

Masha
Reply 1
Hi Masha,
First of all well done on getting conditional offers from Dundee and Stirling university. I'm a Stirling student so therefore I am biased. I am having the time of my life at Stirling. If you love the outside, sports, bbq's in the summer, trips up to the mountains than Stirling is for you. I haven't been to Dundee to comment.

I had the same problem when deciding to go to Aberdeen or Stirling. I had visited Stirling on the applicant day so therefore I was set on Stirling. The atmosphere is amazing. The best bet is to visit both universities and get a feel of what life will be like at both of them.

If you have any other questions, ask away.

Liam
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
I guess for Italian it's fairly difficult to visit Universities...

I'm in the same situation, only my other University is not Dundee, but my sister studied in Dundee city and even though I never visited her there, from what she's told me Dundee wasn't a very nice city to live in and she didn't enjoy it. But it was just her opinion and she was a postgraduate srudent, and I've in fact heard some really nice commencts about Dundee city. And I guess it's not right to judge the Uni by it's location anyways, as in my case I would then choose Napier University which was my fourth choice and has lower rankings for my subject than Stirling or other Unis I've been accepted to.
Can't comment on Dundee University or the course though...
What I'm trying to do with my choices is I'm trying to carefully study the modules they have (core and elective) and base my decision on this as both my Unis also seem to be rather close ranking vise...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Big_Fish
I guess for Italian it's fairly difficult to visit Universities...

I'm in the same situation, only my other University is not Dundee, but my sister studied in Dundee city and even though I never visited her there, from what she's told me Dundee wasn't a very nice city to live in and she didn't enjoy it. But it was just her opinion and she was a postgraduate srudent, and I've in fact heard some really nice commencts about Dundee city. And I guess it's not right to judge the Uni by it's location anyways, as in my case I would then choose Napier University which was my fourth choice and has lover rankings for my subject than Stirling or other Unis I've been accepted to.
Can't comment on Dundee University or the course though...
What I'm trying to do with my choices is I'm trying to carefully study the modules they have (core and elective) and base my decision on this as both my Unis also seem to be rather close ranking vise...

Hi,
I understand it's hard making a decision. I know 1 person from Edinburgh Napier university. But I cannot recommend the University of Stirling more. You just need to be here, to witness the atmosphere. I would 10/10 recommend Stirling.
Reply 4
I'm actually not really choosing between Napier and Stirling, but between Brookes and Stirling...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending