The Student Room Group

Why does everyone hate Kanye West?

Because he is black. When you read comments such like, “When Jay Z was there it attracted a crowd that made me uncomfortable”, that is racism at it’s most subtle and destructive. All things considered, there aren’t many things you can say about Kanye West that you can’t say about 90% of the biggest rock acts alive, and that's mainly because by nature, rock stars are obnoxious, egotistical and braggy. So what is it then, that Kanye has that Liam Gallagher and this myriad of other rock acts do not? What is the glaringly obvious visible difference between the two?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hate him cause he uses so much auto tune
Not cause he is black lol
Anyone that hates kanye west is stupid.
cuz they ain't god level, that's why.
Liam Gallagher has a lot of haters, he's just less well known worldwide. I'm sure if he was as big as Kanye, they'd have the same amount of haters. A lot of people have never heard of certain rock acts, but basically everyone knows who Kanye is because he makes popular music and therefore what he does get splashed over the news. More people know about his actions, so more people dislike him. It's not because he is black.
(edited 9 years ago)
lol. everyone hates him because he interrupted taylor swift's speech and told her she didnt deserve her award lmao.
Also, I'm sure a lot of black people hate Kanye lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
I'll use my arrogance as steam to power my dreams. Kanye West
Original post by GodAtum
Because he is black. When you read comments such like, “When Jay Z was there it attracted a crowd that made me uncomfortable”, that is racism at it’s most subtle and destructive. All things considered, there aren’t many things you can say about Kanye West that you can’t say about 90% of the biggest rock acts alive, and that's mainly because by nature, rock stars are obnoxious, egotistical and braggy. So what is it then, that Kanye has that Liam Gallagher and this myriad of other rock acts do not? What is the glaringly obvious visible difference between the two?

Kanye West is a rock star? Well, that's news to me...
I like Kanye but he comes across like an egotistical tit a lot of the time so I can see why people don't like him.
"Respect my trendsetting abilities. Once that happens, everyone wins."

"I am so credible and so influential and so relevant that I will change things."

"I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture."

"I will go down as the voice of a generation."

"Come on now! How could you be me and want to be someone else?"

"I am Warhol! I am the number one most impactful artist of our generation. I am
Shakespeare in the flesh. Walt Disney, Nike, Google."

"People are going to look at this interview and say, 'I don’t like Kanye. Look, he looks mad. I don’t like his teeth.'"

"I’m the No. 1 living and breathing rock star. I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix."

"When someone comes up and says something like, 'I am a god,' everybody says

'Who does he think he is?' I just told you who I thought I was. A god. I just told you."

"I've reached a point in my life where my Truman Show boat has hit the painting."

[On his impulsive behaviour] "It’s only led me to complete awesomeness at all times. It’s only led me to awesome truth and awesomeness. Beauty, truth, awesomeness."

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CherryWine
Also, I'm sure a lot of black people hate Kanye lol

I can confirm that no black people hate kanye west
I don't hate him. I just don't like him.
But it aint no ralph tho
Original post by Blue_Mason
I can confirm that no black people hate kanye west

I've met quite a few black people who do hate him and even more white people who adore him, so I don't know what your confirmation is based on.
(edited 9 years ago)
People treat him like some sort of pantomine villain at times. I guess people just love to hate him.
I hate him because he named his album Yeezus. I understand him liking to be called 'ye - as that is short for Kanye. Yeezus however, is reserved for one man who died on the cross for our sinful sinny sins.
i dislike his attitude.
Hate his 'music'.
Posted from TSR Mobile

He has Kim Kardashian.
I doubt it's because he's black, it's probably because his ego is the size of the sun and his daughter is named North (I love the man but that should be classed as child abuse imo) Kim K doesn't help either :P

Quick Reply

Latest