The Student Room Group

Racist attack on Indians in UK. Is racism getting worse?

Violent attack on a Sikh in Birmingham. Apparently it was 'racially and religiously motivated'.

Worst thing is the crowd that stand by and just watch. Disgusting. You know, when people said the UK is going down the drain, I used to roll my eyes. Now I'm starting to believe them.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bolly_mad
Violent attack on a Sikh in Birmingham. Apparently it was 'racially and religiously motivated'.

Worst thing is the crowd that stand by and just watch. Disgusting. You know, when people said the UK is going down the drain, I used to roll my eyes. Now I'm starting to believe them.

...how do you know it was racially or religiously motivated?
Reply 2
Original post by zippity.doodah

Discovered the video after reading a news article on the attack. It quoted the police as saying this. I assume it to be true.
Original post by zippity.doodah

This.
Discovered the video after reading a news article on the attack. It quoted the police as saying this. I assume it to be true.

Scepticism is unhealthy in these scenarios, I'm glad you immediately took the bait and ran with the media and police's presumption that this man is attacking a Sikh man because of his ethnicity. Of course the police managed to get inside this man's head and understand his motives. He wasn't provoked, he wasn't drunk, he is just full of hate for Sikhs and other Indians.

Good god man, pull yourself together.
Reply 4
Racism and prejudice are getting worse and it's down to failed multiculturalism.
If we are to be consistent, then it's clear this OP is in fact a racist.

I say this because white people are always called racist whenever they post threads that highlight anti white violence.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by capitalismstinks
If we are to be consistent, then it's clear this OP is in fact a racist.

I say this because white people are always called racist whenever they post threads that highlight anti white violence.

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

A guy was helping him, he was like "allow it man", and tried to stop it.
Reply 8
Fearmongering is getting worse, racism is not.
Reply 9
They need to stop racist people, and UKIP is doing the exact opposite blaming everyone who isn't white British. They are doing that because their is no way you can tell someone is a legal migrant with "racial profiling" and it is this resentment of the other which creates problems.
There is absolutely no context shown in the video, so we have no idea what actually sparked the attack.

There is also nothing showing that the attack was religiously or racially motivated.
Original post by Fruli
Racism and prejudice are getting worse and it's down to failed multiculturalism.

what do you mean? how is racism getting worse? what data are you looking at? and what kind of multiculturalism? imposed state multiculturalism or cultural/liberal multiculturalism?

They're actually saying the complete opposite, that there's no evidence it was racially or religiously aggravated, and they're 100% correct. It's just Indians/Sikhs who are saying it was religiously motivated, but they have no evidence.
(edited 9 years ago)

Bystander effect. Not enough evidence to suggest racism is getting worse. You can't draw any conclusions yet.

(I haven't used this account since 2012, thought I would pass by and see what had changed.)
(edited 9 years ago)
I think we should try and refrain from assuming religious/ethnic motivations until there is actually evidence suggesting it is the case. People get in fights (or are assaulted) like this on a fairly regular basis, and most of the time race and religion have nothing to do with it.
(edited 9 years ago)
I can't believe it. The game Street Fighter just became a reality in UK. Racism just made it a reality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Disgusting and what pisses me off more is that nobody did anything, a guy even jumped back in again!
Reply 19
indians have it tough sometimes

a lot of muslims hate us
a lot of white people hate us because they think we are muslim
some white just hate non whites

ps this man was beaten because muslims were harassing his cousin sister
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending