The Student Room Group

Your 6 favourite international politicians

In the same spirit as the other threads, who are your favourite politicians from abroad and why?

Mine are:

Angela Merkel
Guy Verhofstadt

(Strong politicians who stand up to the nationalists and work for a strong, federal Europe)

Gary Johnson

(A real Libertarian politician and an awesome guy to boot).

Michael Bloomberg

(Agree with him on most things)

Narenda Modi

(I think his economic reforms are doing whats best for India, plus he seems to be much more pro western than past leaders.

And lastly this guy: Whats not to like?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-20334136
Romario-A principled man who is campaigning for disability rights and who opposed the Brazil world cup. Also, what a player he used to be.

Merkel-Keeping the EU together with her strong, moderate, reassuring leadership. She's also provided a welcome right-wing voice in Europe to counteract France under Hollande and she did not give in to ridiculous Greek demands.

Wilders-One of the very few politicians who does not shy away from lambasting Islam as the hateful ideology it is. I'm not keen on some of his other policies, including his love for Israel, but no-one is perfect.

Macron-Again, not perfect. But at least he's trying to drag France into the modern area and away from its Byzantine, overly protective mess.

No other politicians stand out at the moment. In terms of past politicians, Chirac was one of my favourites. Charismatic, charming, eloquent, anti-Iraq war and strong in negotiations. Shifted political positions all the time and was corrupt of course, but this is France we're talking about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending