The Student Room Group

Guys would this put you off a girl/woman?

If a girl, say she was around her mid twenties and very quiet/not very outgoing, had been out with a 60 year old bloke for a few months would it put you off her? I mean would it make you like her less and make you not want to go out with her?

If so why.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe not put off but probably suspicious , my dad is 60 and if he was with a young 20 year old I would think she was after something .
Reply 2
probably means she is a gold digger, so maybe
Reply 3
Original post by Yamcho
Maybe not put off but probably suspicious , my dad is 60 and if he was with a young 20 year old I would think she was after something .

Im not talking 20 more mid to late twenties.
Reply 4
Original post by Flather
probably means she is a gold digger, so maybe

assuming she wasn't a gold digger/you knew he had no money.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Im not talking 20 more mid to late twenties.

are you saying a 25 year old isn't young for a 60 year old ?

did he though?
groce
Reply 8

How would I know this?
Yes it would. I would think she's a gold digger.

She can date who she wants but yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It would put me off a little to be honest, there is a simple fix - don't tell future partners about this! They don't have to know!
Original post by Flather
How would I know this?

well how would you know she was a gold digger.
well how would you know she was a gold digger.

I would assume it as she dated a 60 year old
Original post by ChickenMadness
did he though?

Only in people's assumptions/imaginations : /
Very quiet not very outgoing women can get away with, men can't so easily so if she passed that onto a boy I had with her then I would not feel right about it, so yes on those grounds it would put me off, even if she was hot.
It would put me off a little, yes.
Very quiet not very outgoing women can get away with, men can't so easily so if she passed that onto a boy I had with her then I would not feel right about it, so yes on those grounds it would put me off, even if she was hot.

Can you not teach your kid social skills yourself? lol.
Only in people's assumptions/imaginations : /

I'd think you're a bit :stupid: but it wouldn't necessarily put me off.
Reply 17
Mabey cos she wasn't out going she couldn't get anyone else?
Reply 18
It's a bit gross in concept. I would keep it under your hat.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Can you not teach your kid social skills yourself? lol.

I'd think you're a bit :stupid: but it wouldn't necessarily put me off.

People have all sorts of relationships though gays, bisexuals , friends with benefits and all that these days. I've not really bothered with relationships before just focused on myself/fitness/sport I'm a tomboy I don't dress up/not that keen on sex so am not slutty or anything in fact the opposite I'm frigid ha. Never had problems with mental health or anything, not enough to see a professional anyway yet a lot of people I know have had depression/mental illness.
Just enjoy his company it's that simple, ideally I'd prefere to just be close friends just like a mate but men seem to want either all or nothing. I've known him for years but if people are going to think I'm mental maybe I shouldn't bother with him.

Quick Reply