The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE AS Chemistry Unit 1: 22nd May 2015 + Unit 2: 02nd June 2015

Poll

How did the exam go? (Unit 1)

We all know that the first Edexcel GCE AS Chemistry paper comes in only about a month and a half. :redface:

WE ONLY HAVE 52 DAYS BEFORE THE EXAM :cry2:

Since other people have been creating threads, I thought we might as well create a thread on the Edexcel GCE AS Chemistry Unit 1 paper :colondollar:
Resources for revision:
Do feel free to discuss what you struggle with in Unit 1 and what you need help on. :smile:
I'd recommend checking out chemrevise and chemguide to understand stuff you probably won't understand. :smile:
For calculations, RSC's Problem Solving Tutor helps quite a lot as well :smile:
Also feel free to share questions on TSR's AS Chemistry Help thread as created by Dinaa :biggrin:
Another website you might want to look at is chemnet though you need to sign up. Really helpful in general though :biggrin:And don't be afraid to ask for specific Unit 1 help on this thread or what you're stuck on :smile:
IMPORTANT NOTE:
You are NOT allowed to share exam materials which are locked on the Edexcel website or not available to students or materials used for the IAA controlled assessments.

I've quoted some people who are doing AS Chemistry with Edexcel below, be grateful, it was a mission finding you :redface:
Apologies if I didn't quote you, I couldn't find everyone on TSR :redface:

Spoiler

If you haven't been quoted, please don't message me and start ranting at me :redface:

:cookie:
Good luck with everyone's exam :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by zhang-liao
We all know that the first Edexcel GCE AS Chemistry paper comes in only about a month and a half. :redface:

oh **** are you serious

thanks anyway XD
Reply 2
Original post by C0balt
oh **** are you serious

thanks anyway XD

yeah :cry2:

We've only got 52 days before the exam :cry2:

You're welcome though :smile:
yeah :cry2:

We've only got 52 days before the exam :cry2:

You're welcome though :smile:

lets go
Reply 4
Original post by frozo123
lets go

Okay, so what you stuck on in Unit 1?
Okay, so what you stuck on in Unit 1?

Guessing you're chinese?
what's the enthalpy change when I cook noodles?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Guessing you're chinese?
what's the enthalpy change when I cook noodles?

:colonhash: Read my "About Me" section. I'm not Chinese, my TSR username is just the most epic character from Dynasty Warriors (google it :tongue:) I'm actually Asian but not Oriental Asian though :teehee:

I don't know, but I think that would be racist to a Chinese person though
Reply 7
Unit 1 is okay overall XD did some past papers and I am doing well
Im worried about unit 2; we haven't finished the syllabus so haven't started cracking on past papers so I have no idea where I am at. Tests have been very good though

Posted from TSR Mobile
:colonhash: Read my "About Me" section. I'm not Chinese, my TSR username is just the most epic character from Dynasty Warriors (google it :tongue:) I'm actually Asian but not Oriental Asian though :teehee:

I don't know, but I think that would be racist to a Chinese person though

Aha it was a joke mate calm it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Aha it was a joke mate calm it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know :teehee:
Original post by C0balt
Unit 1 is okay overall XD did some past papers and I am doing well
Im worried about unit 2; we haven't finished the syllabus so haven't started cracking on past papers so I have no idea where I am at. Tests have been very good though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Carry on doing past papers for Unit 1, it really helps to refresh memory by doing plenty of past papers :smile:
I've got some notes for Unit 2 if you want, mainly Group 2 and 7 and Organics & Mechanisms :smile:
Carry on doing past papers for Unit 1, it really helps to refresh memory by doing plenty of past papers :smile:
I've got some notes for Unit 2 if you want, mainly Group 2 and 7 and Organics & Mechanisms :smile:

Lets test each other then:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

Yeah I have planned all my past papers on calendar lol I'm organised SOMETIMES:awesome:
Nah it's okay thanks :smile: I've got notes from teacher which is very detailed (I should condense them but I don't see the point if I can get marks in exam papers lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Yeah I have planned all my past papers on calendar lol I'm organised SOMETIMES:awesome:
Nah it's okay thanks :smile: I've got notes from teacher which is very detailed (I should condense them but I don't see the point if I can get marks in exam papers lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

How prepared you feeling?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
omg now i'm scared :cry2:

no where near ready for this :cry2:
Reply 15
Unit 1:

I need help in organic chemistry!!!!!!!!!! is there anyway BESIDES memorizing mechanisms?

WE ONLY HAVE 52 DAYS BEFORE THE EXAM :cry2:

I felt sick reading that :s-smilie:
Reply 17
How prepared you feeling?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very
I need brushing up for that 120UMS but we've got time...time...:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lets test each other then:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

But you're banned though :redface:

Original post by C0balt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool :tongue: That's quite planned as well, I'm apparently quite organised but no where near THAT organised :lol:

Original post by Dinaa
omg now i'm scared :cry2:

no where near ready for this :cry2:

PM me if you need help :smile: Calm down and do loads of past papers, it helps a lot in terms of understanding the examination technique. Look carefully where you're going wrong :smile:

Original post by A84
Unit 1:

I need help in organic chemistry!!!!!!!!!! is there anyway BESIDES memorizing mechanisms?

Besides memorising the mechanisms for Organic Chemistry, you could potentially try some exam practice and see what questions pop up and what they expect. If you need help with Organics, PM me, I enjoy Organics and Bonding more than anything else :lol:

Original post by excaliburnus
I felt sick reading that :s-smilie:

:console:
Reply 19
enjoy Organics? That should be a disease. named Organojoy!

Latest