The Student Room Group

Difference between flirting and just being friendly?

besides the obvious?

posting anon b/c i might ask for advice on my specific situation
touching, sexual tension, playfighting, sexual references/jokes, a lot of smiling and laughing, being all up in each others personal space when you're just chatting, loads of eye contact

edit: thats for flirting. for being friendly, just normal conversations - however you act around friends you don't fancy??
Reply 2
Original post by Sophie_girl
touching, sexual tension, playfighting, sexual references/jokes, a lot of smiling and laughing, being all up in each others personal space when you're just chatting, loads of eye contact

ty :smile: if a guy said you were "very slim" would that be flirting?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

This is very out of context. On it's own, probably not flirting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by SophR96
This is very out of context. On it's own, probably not flirting

Hes friends with my brother. I've seen him looking me up and down once or twice, and he always finds an excuse to be where I am (esp. if I'm talking to another guy). He just randomly said it out of the blue earlier today while looking at me.
When I was trying to turn a friendship into a relationship (with a girl that was already in a relationship) I just kept telling her how great she was and how much I would miss her and all this sort of friendly-sounding stuff but then slowly but surely led her on.

impossible to say from that - what was before/after, what was the tone/context
Reply 7
impossible to say from that - what was before/after, what was the tone/context

I dunno. We were just walking to a mates house and he looked me up and down (we weren't saying anything before) and said "You know, you're very slim."
Me? I'm trying my hardest not to flirt with anyone
Reply 9
Original post by shawn_o1
Me? I'm trying my hardest not to flirt with anyone

How do you act? also do you think my brother's mate was flirting with me (details above :biggrin:)
How do you act? also do you think my brother's mate was flirting with me (details above :biggrin:)

I've got no friends and I'm fine with that, plus I dare not offend anybody... probably because I'd also be offended if anyone shows interest in me :redface:
I dunno. We were just walking to a mates house and he looked me up and down (we weren't saying anything before) and said "You know, you're very slim."

and then what? if nothing, and he does none of the stuff i said above then i'm gonna say no this isn't flirting, just a comment.
Original post by shawn_o1
I've got no friends and I'm fine with that, plus I dare not offend anybody... probably because I'd also be offended if anyone shows interest in me :redface:

sorry about that :frown:
Reply 13

edit: thats for flirting. for being friendly, just normal conversations - however you act around friends you don't fancy??

One would think

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think rhis depends entirely on the person you are interacting with . I could be talking to a guy in what I will consider to be a friendly manner and he may see this as flirting ?! The lines can get quite blurred easily
Reply 15
Girls when they are on my dick I call it flirting, when they are not then it's friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending