The Student Room Group

Uhhh.... so do you guys know anything about mini pigs?

I saw this video and the little baconseed is so adorable it hurts! I really want a mini pig!

Have you heard anything about what they are like as pets? Do you think it is a crazy choice for a pet?

I am doing some research and reading about them now but it is always interesting to hear other peoples opinions and experiences as well.
Reply 1
they only stay mini if you feed them little. If you let them eat like.... pigs, they grow big.

very smart little creatures. and friendly
You wouldnt get much of a sausage out of that.
People has often been sold piglets as mini-pigs so they end up with up with a 30 stone pig.

Also, to get pigs really small often involves inbreeding. I realise that is not really a concern for someone looking for a cute pet, but over the generations it will build up health problems.
Be really careful if you decide to buy one, my biology teacher always tells us the story of him buying a micro pig and it turning out to be a piglet of a normal breed and grew to be humongous! Suppose it makes a damn good story though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Quantex
People has often been sold piglets as mini-pigs so they end up with up with a 30 stone pig.

Also, to get pigs really small often involves inbreeding. I realise that is not really a concern for someone looking for a cute pet, but over the generations it will build up health problems.

I have also heard that they often end up bigger than intended as well. I live on the country side with my family near the city where I go to school so I could still take care of it and give it a good life if it would grow big.

We actually even have a couple of goats, so a little piggy would fit right in.

:smile:
Original post by SiminaM
they only stay mini if you feed them little. If you let them eat like.... pigs, they grow big.

very smart little creatures. and friendly

They do seem smart. A lot of people on youtube are having them do tricks.
Original post by College_Dropout
You wouldnt get much of a sausage out of that.

Awwww :frown:
What are you talking about? Pigs are not smart, if they were smart we would not eat them.
Original post by RizzeRascal
What are you talking about? Pigs are not smart, if they were smart we would not eat them.

I think you might want to read up on that.

:biggrin:
Original post by TwitchyStephie
I think you might want to read up on that.

:biggrin:

I don´t need to. Pigs are filthy animals that live in mud and their own crap.
I don´t need to. Pigs are filthy animals that live in mud and their own crap.

All you have to do is to google it.

http://www.livescience.com/39717-are-pigs-as-smart-as-dogs.html

Besides, what kind of argument is that about us eating them? Do you seriously mean we only eat animals that are of low intelligence? Serveral cultures eat dolphins and whales you know.
All you have to do is to google it.

http://www.livescience.com/39717-are-pigs-as-smart-as-dogs.html

Besides, what kind of argument is that about us eating them? Do you seriously mean we only eat animals that are of low intelligence? Serveral cultures eat dolphins and whales you know.

Whatever. Only a filthy person would eat pigs or keep them as pets. They are filthy and unclean animals that are just as bad for your body as your soul.
Whatever. Only a filthy person would eat pigs or keep them as pets. They are filthy and unclean animals that are just as bad for your body as your soul.

Ok. I am getting a religious vibe from you. Is this why you think it is so wrong to eat or keep pigs, is it against your religion?
Ok. I am getting a religious vibe from you. Is this why you think it is so wrong to eat or keep pigs, is it against your religion?

Does it really matter?

Quick Reply

Latest