Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MeganJW
Is anyone else on here over 18? I'll be 21 when I start :colondollar:

Yep gap year student, I'll be 19 when I start :P
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Hey guys, I have decided to take the initiative to create the Facebook group for Cardiff Medicine 2015 entry offer holders who is thinking of firming. Feel free to join our Facebook group to help you connect with potential classmates within the course, message one another, and discuss details about accommodations and whatnot. :smile: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1654047274819124/
I was also rejected from Liverpool and Bristol but am still waiting to hear from Queen's University Belfast. I am definitely firming Cardiff though, it was always my first choice. Beyond ecstatic!
Reply 23
I got my offer from Cardiff yesterday!! So so relieved and happy after 3 pre interview rejections from Oxford, Sheffield, and Bristol. I will be firming and I hope to see some of you in the autumn! :smile:
Original post by Im0genn
I got my offer from Cardiff yesterday!! So so relieved and happy after 3 pre interview rejections from Oxford, Sheffield, and Bristol. I will be firming and I hope to see some of you in the autumn! :smile:

Delighted to hear your very good news! Great relief and celebrations in your household I'm sure. No doubt Mr R***h will be pleased as well - as is the writer! :wink:
Original post by OSA375
Yep gap year student, I'll be 19 when I start :P

Me too! On a gap year so 19 when I start too :smile:
Reply 26
on last years thread people who got march offers got the same email about waiting till the end of april for track to update, but for many it updated by like the 15th of april, so maybe we wont have to wait that long to firm after all!
Hi for any advice on accommodation, please don't hesitate to ask me, as I have been a student at Cardiff Uni for 4 years now. Once you have firmed your accomodation choices and recieved your allocations. Facebook groups for the individual residences have already been set up so just join and meet your future housemates. (Search CardiffUniversity Halls on Facebook and a public post on all groups has been made, just find yours and join :smile:)

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009541952988

Also join the Cardiff Medics 2015 Facebook Group, which is just for your year, medics starting in September 2015. See you soon.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CardiffMedics2015/
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by DaisyWorthington
Hi for any advice on accommodation, please don't hesitate to ask me, as I have been a student at Cardiff Uni for 4 years now. Once you have firmed your accomodation choices and recieved your allocations. Facebook groups for the individual residences have already been set up so just join and meet your future housemates. (Search CardiffUniversity Halls on Facebook and a public post on all groups has been made, just find yours and join :smile:)

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009541952988

Also join the Cardiff Medics 2015 Facebook Group, which is just for your year, medics starting in September 2015. See you soon.

Hi, which accommodation do you think is best for medics as in, not too noisy? Also, which one would you say has the friendliest atmosphere?
Original post by f1refly
Hi, which accommodation do you think is best for medics as in, not too noisy? Also, which one would you say has the friendliest atmosphere?

Hi I would say Talybont Gate is best for medics..a lot of the first year medics this year lived in Taly North, and some in South.. Uni halls is very close to the Heath Hospital but a bit far from where your anatomy practicals will be held..so It kind of depends on what you are looking for. :smile:
Reply 30
Hi I would say Talybont Gate is best for medics..a lot of the first year medics this year lived in Taly North, and some in South.. Uni halls is very close to the Heath Hospital but a bit far from where your anatomy practicals will be held..so It kind of depends on what you are looking for. :smile:

Ahh... I'm look for something cheap, really :colondollar: Do you know which has the largest bedrooms?
Original post by f1refly
Ahh... I'm look for something cheap, really :colondollar: Do you know which has the largest bedrooms?

Taly Court has very large rooms, from there I would probably say Taly North are medium sized but the beds are fairly small. Liberty living have also quite big rooms. Tbh the more you pay the better quality/size you get almost.
Reply 32
Taly Court has very large rooms, from there I would probably say Taly North are medium sized but the beds are fairly small. Liberty living have also quite big rooms. Tbh the more you pay the better quality/size you get almost.

Which has the bigger rooms, taly north (regular sized - not reduced) or taly south, this is a HUGE deciding factor between the two as I am totally stuck.

I dont see the point paying like 600 more for taly court as it is so out of the way of the other talys and far from the tesco.
Original post by Natalierm2707
Which has the bigger rooms, taly north (regular sized - not reduced) or taly south, this is a HUGE deciding factor between the two as I am totally stuck.

I dont see the point paying like 600 more for taly court as it is so out of the way of the other talys and far from the tesco.

Taly North regular sized..in every flat there is one room which is biggest out of the six and the other four are similar sized and the reduced room is absolutely tiny. My opinion i would say go for Taly North.

Taly south and north are more or less the same sized
Hi everyone! Congrats on your offers!
Got my offer from Cardiff last week and trying to decide between RCSI and Cardiff. Leaning towards Cardiff but since I'm an international student and I don't know anyone from my country that goes to Cardiff, I'm a bit scared to be honest.
Any other any internationals on here?
Is Talybont gate really far from Lectures? On the website it says 30 minutes!
Also, how is Liberty house? Its really close to Heath campus, a 5 minute walk.
Original post by AashniiShah
Is Talybont gate really far from Lectures? On the website it says 30 minutes!
Also, how is Liberty house? Its really close to Heath campus, a 5 minute walk.

Liberty House is literally 2 mins away from the Heath Campus, however in Frist Year you will be in the BIOSCI and Heath campuses, Taly Gate is in the middle of the 2. BIOSCI is 30 mins from the Heath Campus. IF you speak to the med students in the group chat they will clarify that for you further.

@DaisyWorthington,
Hello! What residence would you recommend staying in?

Also, I read in the prospectus that Cardiff "offers overseas students a single occupancy room in University residences during term time and vacations for the whole of your degree programme."
Does this mean that as an international student I can stay in the uni accommodation for the full 5 years or just the first year?
Original post by steph_ravita
@DaisyWorthington,
Hello! What residence would you recommend staying in?

Also, I read in the prospectus that Cardiff "offers overseas students a single occupancy room in University residences during term time and vacations for the whole of your degree programme."
Does this mean that as an international student I can stay in the uni accommodation for the full 5 years or just the first year?

I would recommend maybe Taly Gate or Liberty Cambrian Point as they are both in between the two campuses you will be at in Frist Year. As an international student you can request to stay there for that long, but i wouldnt recommend it, as medicss tend to find themselves a house with other medics and in quieter locations :smile:
Reply 39
Hi everyone, should we send off our student finance forms now, even though we don't know our uni accommodation addresses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending