The Student Room Group

17 + Receding hairline, WHY ME?

Just turned 17, but I've had a receding hairline for a few months.

My hair's not too thin, but the hairline is an M shape and my forehead is becoming massive to the point people have commented on it.

It's so ****ing depressing.

I have average looks, I'm not muscular; I'm nothing special. So why the **** me? If I lose my hair I'm just going to end up ugly as **** in the years I'm supposed to be at my best.

It's absolutely, horrendously depressing. I think about it in school and it gets me really self-conscious to the point I don't even style my hair anymore to hide it. It's affecting my grades and my mood and I hate it.

Scroll to see replies

Go bald!
Reply 2
Original post by College_Dropout
Go bald!

No.

If I'm a 6-7/10 now, going bald might make me into a 5/10.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

My hair's not too thin, but the hairline is an M shape and my forehead is becoming massive to the point people have commented on it.

I have average looks, I'm not muscular; I'm nothing special. So why the **** me? If I lose my hair I'm just going to end up ugly as **** in the years I'm supposed to be at my best.

It's absolutely, horrendously depressing. I think about it in school and it gets me really self-conscious to the point I don't even style my hair anymore to hide it. It's affecting my grades and my mood and I hate it.

I was born with a reeceding hairline and i have a M shape as well :frown:

Since i was 16 i started wearing hats because i couldn't take the pain any longer. I suggest you start wearing hats, if not then maybe just shave it all off but then the latter isn't really a good option
Reply 4
Original post by O.Ozz
I was born with a reeceding hairline and i have a M shape as well :frown:

Since i was 16 i started wearing hats because i couldn't take the pain any longer. I suggest you start wearing hats, if not then maybe just shave it all off but then the latter isn't really a good option

No offence, but I don't think you can be born balding.

My M-shaped hairline looks like a Norwood 3 and makes my forehead look massive because it's receded at the sides too.

Thanks for the advice though, but I can't wear hats in school.
Reply 5
Try a 'dermaroller' treatment for hair loss. Also castor oil. Seen some good results online. Sorted out what I thought was a bald patch on my eyebrow!
Things happen to us that we think that we don't deserve , it's not something that will kill you .
Just gotta own it . I got badly burnt once and so live with a scar which at first got me down and was something I was really self conscious about . If people wanna star and make comments , let them . You have decent friends and family
Who love you regardless so dont worry about people who make fun cause they're not important
Pretty good chance it will stay the same for ages.
Reply 8
Original post by SmashConcept
Pretty good chance it will stay the same for ages.

It's pretty ****ty now tbh
Reply 9
No offence, but I don't think you can be born balding.

My M-shaped hairline looks like a Norwood 3 and makes my forehead look massive because it's receded at the sides too.

Thanks for the advice though, but I can't wear hats in school.

I'm not actually balding myself, i was just born with that strange hairline.

Anyway i hope you can pull through with this.
Original post by ssupernova
Things happen to us that we think that we don't deserve , it's not something that will kill you .
Just gotta own it . I got badly burnt once and so live with a scar which at first got me down and was something I was really self conscious about . If people wanna star and make comments , let them . You have decent friends and family
Who love you regardless so dont worry about people who make fun cause they're not important

Where was your scar?
Original post by O.Ozz
I'm not actually balding myself, i was just born with that strange hairline.

Anyway i hope you can pull through with this.

Thanks man
Where was your scar?

Chest , starts right under collar bone and a bit on my neck . Still there and very visible .
Reply 13

First of all, tumbling around in the mental emotional vortex of "why me?" serves no purpose and accomplishes nothing useful. Changing the question to "why not me?" may result in an improvement in your attitude to hardships.To quote Dr. House, "You get what you get. It has nothing to do with what you deserve."

So my main advice would be to focus on the positive aspects of your life such as having clean drinking water, enough food, a roof over your head and clothes on your back. In life **** happens just need to get up and move on.

In regards to the receding hairline you could try Rogaine/Regain (It's called Regain in the UK I think and rogaine outside of the UK) one of the few creams/spray that has been scientifically proven to reduce hair loss and/or regrow hair.
(edited 9 years ago)
Just turned 17, but I've had a receding hairline for a few months.My hair's not too thin, but the hairline is an M shape and my forehead is becoming massive to the point people have commented on it.It's so ****ing depressing.I have average looks, I'm not muscular; I'm nothing special. So why the **** me? If I lose my hair I'm just going to end up ugly as **** in the years I'm supposed to be at my best.It's absolutely, horrendously depressing. I think about it in school and it gets me really self-conscious to the point I don't even style my hair anymore to hide it. It's affecting my grades and my mood and I hate it.

Are you stressed bro?
Maybe this hairstyle if you dont wanna go bald?
Reply 16
Apply Jamacian black castor oil for a few months should sort it. Youtube it as well. It works. Also stop masturbating, that leads to hair loss.
Reply 17
Have you thought about retirement?

Ah, and so begins the decent to the bottom of the social food chain and a life of celibacy :smile:

Seriously, it hard enough for those of us with a decent crop of hair to get a decent woman in this country. I know from women I know any sort of hair loss sends them packing for the hills.

Only hope I think will be if you focus on personality, its what many bald guys do best, some of them score but many do not, but probably your best bet I think.
Original post by Stewie2011
Ah, and so begins the decent to the bottom of the social food chain and a life of celibacy :smile:

Seriously, it hard enough for those of us with a decent crop of hair to get a decent woman in this country. I know from women I know any sort of hair loss sends them packing for the hills.

Only hope I think will be if you focus on personality, its what many bald guys do best, some of them score but many do not, but probably your best bet I think.

Everyone cares about the women thing, but that's not it. My hair is part of my identity. I used to style it how I wanted and felt confident about it.

But still if I don't get laid at uni because of this ****, I'll probably kill myself. **** it all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending