The Student Room Group

University of Edinburgh won't accept an Access diploma??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lydrose
They do accept the access to he diploma. The reason why they may of put you off applying is that the rates of offer/acceptance are low. So therefore if you think it's not worth the risk of using one of your 5 Ucas choices don't apply. That however does not mean you shouldn't apply! I used it as a choice on Ucas and have been given an offer which I have firmed. To be honest I never thought I would get it, but you don't know unless you try!

Nah they just suck Lydia let's be honest :awesome::ahee:
Reply 41
Original post by xleoanimusx
Nah they just suck Lydia let's be honest :awesome::ahee:

Haha! No you just didn't try! :tongue: stop moaning you got into ucl!!
Original post by lydrose
Haha! No you just didn't try! :tongue: stop moaning you got into ucl!!

They just can't handle my swag :cool:
Original post by Klix88
Apologies - didn't see your posts above before I commented. I think you've been treated appallingly, frankly. It's not even a situation you could have anticipated, as it isn't a common sense application of the rule.

Hi, just as an update I got an email from the Appeals team who now say they will fund years 1 and 3. Sadly in the month it has taken them to make this decision, and after their previous decision to not fund me, the money my mother (who is a pensioner and nearly 70) drew down from the value of our family home has been allocated to paying off some of the debts she has accrued in keeping my through my illness. So I still can't go. I will be sending off another complaint and trying to get as much media coverage of my story as is humanly possible.
Reply 44
Original post by Snufkin
Edinburgh admissions are not great; the phone operators were very hostile and seemed intent on putting me off from applying (they said they'd definitely not accept my CertHE for admission). I applied anyway and I got in. If you really want to go then I suggest you do the same, apply and see what happens.

I don't think it worth doing A levels just to appease Edinburgh, not unless that is the only university you want to go to. Perhaps if you were applying for a very competitive degree like English it would be worth doing A levels, but not for Arabic.

Hi, I’ve made an account after revisiting this thread because I’d like to know more about this. I was planning to email the admissions team with my tutors to enquire about whether my case would be considered as the HE diploma I’m on is not offered to students my age anywhere else in the country to my knowledge (I’m on my first year and I’m 19).
What subject did you study at the University and what specific HE course did you take? I’m planning to take Japanese and Linguistics and alongside studying the language itself at an entry-N4 level I have high GCSEs in both French and Spanish.
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending