The Student Room Group

Someone tried to spread rumours I am gay in high school. How serious is this?

I was walking to my house after high school finished where two girls I knew were driving in their car with their mother. One of the girls I could see in the corner of my eye as I was walking to cross the road turned around to her friend. When I tried to cross the road her mother drove in the road where I was trying to cross and was literally laughing in my face.

As I picked up social skills in my adult years and reflected on my teenager years I come to the conclusion a couple of months back a girl rejected me due to my looks. I think one of my friends tried to spread the rumour I was gay as it may have gotten around "I did not go out with the girl".

Was his intention to spread this rumour around the whole year in my high school now college? Would this have caused serious reputation damage to me?
Wait, so you're not in high school anymore? If that's the case it won't really matter unless your hanging around with the same people?
I take you're no longer in high school... Besides, rumours are only believable if you react to them
I take it ur no longer gay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Its a good way to get the girls.... you just talk about shopping and listen to what they say. Then invite them over to your house and BAM...
Reply 5
Rumours are just rumours. I am a girl and wouldn't take notice if someone was spreading rumours that a boy I liked was gay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I was walking to my house after high school finished where two girls I knew were driving in their car with their mother. One of the girls I could see in the corner of my eye as I was walking to cross the road turned around to her friend. When I tried to cross the road her mother drove in the road where I was trying to cross and was literally laughing in my face.

As I picked up social skills in my adult years and reflected on my teenager years I come to the conclusion a couple of months back a girl rejected me due to my looks. I think one of my friends tried to spread the rumour I was gay as it may have gotten around "I did not go out with the girl".

Was his intention to spread this rumour around the whole year in my high school now college? Would this have caused serious reputation damage to me?

That's pretty serious dude. I would be pretty mad if someone done that to me. It is embarrassing as it isn't true and people are rejecting you and laughing at you in your face and behind your back. I ruins your chances with girls and just causes problems that shouldn't have happened. I know what I would do to the kid who spread/started the rumor if I was you :boxing:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending