The Student Room Group

What A-Levels are best for Law at a Russell Group Uni?

I'm doing my GCSE's this year and I'm really struggling with what I should choose for my A-Levels and I really want to study Law at a Russell Group Uni (preferably Oxford) in the future, and i don't want to hinder my chances of getting in.

Currently I am going to do Religious Studies, Maths, English Literature and Geography but I really don't think I'm any good at English literature and I would really love to switch it to Economics, meaning I'd be doing

Religious Studies, Maths, Economics and Geography.

I'm also very interested in Chemistry though, and have been thinking about adding it on as a 5th option, but this then makes very few of my subjects essay based, which I've constantly read is very helpful for law.

My mum said she doesn't want me to "shoot myself in the foot" by choosing economics over English, but i really don't have a passion for English literature and I don't know how much i would enjoy it. Comparatively, I know very minimal amount about economics, but i feel like it would be so much more interesting for me.

I really need some help.
Reply 1
Original post by alexsmxth
I'm doing my GCSE's this year and I'm really struggling with what I should choose for my A-Levels and I really want to study Law at a Russell Group Uni (preferably Oxford) in the future, and i don't want to hinder my chances of getting in.

Currently I am going to do Religious Studies, Maths, English Literature and Geography but I really don't think I'm any good at English literature and I would really love to switch it to Economics, meaning I'd be doing

Religious Studies, Maths, Economics and Geography.

I'm also very interested in Chemistry though, and have been thinking about adding it on as a 5th option, but this then makes very few of my subjects essay based, which I've constantly read is very helpful for law.

Any of the combinations of A levels you are thinking of would be fine for Law at a decent university. However, I would counsel against taking 5, you would be far better off getting top grades in 3 or 4.

Quick Reply

Latest